Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradley
I love Vlad, but he's a DH at this point. If we're looking for a great hitter/lousy fielder, offer to take Dunn's contract off the Nat's hands, because at this point, Dunn is a better hitter than Vlad or Dye.

We're in a quandry. Last winter, there were 4 really good RFers up for auction. Now there are zero. That's the only reason I'm pro-Bradley-for-another-year. I realize he's a nutcase. I also realize that he's a better baseball player than Byrd, Fuld or whomever.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=72056:date=Dec 17 2009, 02:55 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 17 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I love Vlad, but he's a DH at this point. If we're looking for a great hitter/lousy fielder, offer to take Dunn's contract off the Nat's hands, because at this point, Dunn is a better hitter than Vlad or Dye.

We're in a quandry. Last winter, there were 4 really good RFers up for auction. Now there are zero. That's the only reason I'm pro-Bradley-for-another-year. I realize he's a nutcase. I also realize that he's a better baseball player than Byrd, Fuld or whomever.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

it doesn't matter if you're pro-Bradley, it ain't happening.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=72047:date=Dec 17 2009, 02:07 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 17 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72027:date=Dec 17 2009, 12:30 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Dec 17 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->While I agree he is on the down side of his career I'm not going to judge him solely on the last half of last year. He may or may not have anything left, but I think he'd be worth a one year deal to find out. Especially considering the other options that are available.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He has nothing left. I watched plenty of Sox games last year, there's nothing there to salvage, he's toast.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i have no idea if he is done or not, but Dye was a pretty good hitter the first half of last year. Before the all star game he had a 149 ops+, which is pretty astounding. He completely went into the tank afterward, which could be an indication that he is finally done, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him put up respectable numbers with someone this year.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=72073:date=Dec 17 2009, 06:10 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Dec 17 2009, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72047:date=Dec 17 2009, 02:07 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 17 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72027:date=Dec 17 2009, 12:30 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Dec 17 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->While I agree he is on the down side of his career I'm not going to judge him solely on the last half of last year. He may or may not have anything left, but I think he'd be worth a one year deal to find out. Especially considering the other options that are available.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He has nothing left. I watched plenty of Sox games last year, there's nothing there to salvage, he's toast.

i have no idea if he is done or not, but Dye was a pretty good hitter the first half of last year. Before the all star game he had a 149 ops+, which is pretty astounding. He completely went into the tank afterward, which could be an indication that he is finally done, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him put up respectable numbers with someone this year.
As a DH, it could happen. I think playing the field is something he's not capable of doing anymore and probably affected him at the plate. No NL for him.
<!--quoteo(post=72076:date=Dec 17 2009, 08:17 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 17 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72073:date=Dec 17 2009, 06:10 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Dec 17 2009, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72047:date=Dec 17 2009, 02:07 PM:name=ruby23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 17 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=72027:date=Dec 17 2009, 12:30 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Dec 17 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->While I agree he is on the down side of his career I'm not going to judge him solely on the last half of last year. He may or may not have anything left, but I think he'd be worth a one year deal to find out. Especially considering the other options that are available.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As a DH, it could happen. I think playing the field is something he's not capable of doing anymore and probably affected him at the plate. No NL for him.
That's correct. He definitely looked more and more sluggish as the year dragged on, and just looked ancient out in RF. There's definitely a correlation between that and his poor hitting. Maybe he'll end up in Oakland just to piss off Kenny.
Has this been mentioned in the thread? It's from an article about Cliff Lee going to the Mariners:
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->... And they may not be done adding. They need a left fielder and are discussing whether to pursue a potential trade with the Chicago Cubs for mercurial outfielder Milton Bradley.
"We're not done yet," GM Jack Zduriencik said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=72089:date=Dec 17 2009, 11:10 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Dec 17 2009, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Has this been mentioned in the thread? It's from an article about Cliff Lee going to the Mariners:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->... And they may not be done adding. They need a left fielder and are discussing whether to pursue a potential trade with the Chicago Cubs for mercurial outfielder Milton Bradley.
"We're not done yet," GM Jack Zduriencik said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
If it involves Silva, then I give up on 2010.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Although at least three teams are still interested in Milton Bradley, no trade is close, according to Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. The FOX duo names the Rays, Rangers, and Mariners as interested parties, but notes that there are roadblocks in each instance.

The Rays have been unwilling to budge for weeks in negotiations involving Bradley and Pat Burrell. The Rangers have some interest, but Bradley's last stint in Texas didn't end on "the best of terms." The Mariners, meanwhile, may be reluctant to acquire a controversial player like Bradley on the heels of making positive news with the Chone Figgins signing and the Cliff Lee trade.

Rosenthal's and Morosi's sources indicate that the Cubs are unwilling to pay the majority of Bradley's contract, or to release the disgruntled outfielder. It's hard to imagine a scenario where Bradley returns to Chicago in 2010, so you have to think that his potential suitors are waiting for the Cubs to bite the bullet and pay for a bigger chunk of the 31-year-old's remaining salary.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->