Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hurt Locker
This looks really good and it's been getting amazing reviews.

I'm seeing it on tomorrow night. I can't wait.

The Hurt Locker
Bigelow is awesome. I've been waiting for this for quite some time, and is one of the few recent war movies that I actually have looked forward to not expecting to be depressed or bored by it. I think I will go see it this weekend.
Yeah that does look like it will be a good movie.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
Yeah, I think I am going to walk to river east tomorrow and check this film out. I saw the HArry Potter movie last night and was a tad disappointed.
Holy shit.

Everyone here needs to see this movie. No joke.
<!--quoteo(post=50127:date=Jul 15 2009, 06:52 PM:name=CCwinwssoon)-->QUOTE (CCwinwssoon @ Jul 15 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, I think I am going to walk to river east tomorrow and check this film out. I saw the HArry Potter movie last night and was a tad disappointed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Who did you dress up as?
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
I just got back from viewing the film here in Austin! One of the best war movies I have ever seen! This film easily puts the already overrated Saving Private Ryan to shame. I loved the cinematography, absolutely riveting. Great job by the lead Jeremy Renner; if there is any negative though I would have personally liked to have seen more from Ralph Fiennes and Guy Pierce. 4/5 stars
I finally watched this over the weekend, and I have to say it is the cream of the crop of the current wave of Iraq war movies. Not only is the action (mostly a series of predicaments on the Iraqi streets involving insurgent terror plots) realistic and intense, but it makes you appreciate what our young men and women are going through overseas, and how they do it. Love or hate the war, this movie is a must see. The Renner/James character is much more complex than he at first seems, and I have a feeling that he will be remembered for years to come as one of the more honest depictions of a modern day soldier, both at home and on the battlefield. I don't know how Bigelow does it, but she's probably the most talented action director of the past 30 years. Maybe the fact that she's a woman is the key. 4/5 stars
I saw this when it was in the theaters. Good flick...not a real big fan of Jeremy Renner but I thought he was good in it.
I agree. Just watched this weekend. I liked it very much.
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=76562:date=Jan 19 2010, 02:25 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Jan 19 2010, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I saw this when it was in the theaters. Good flick...not a real big fan of Jeremy Renner but I thought he was good in it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really? Why is that? I've liked him in just about everything I've seen him in.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
He really hasn't been in too many films, but a lot of TV over the years. I thought he was perfect for this part, and he's been very good in everything else I've seen him in too, such as 28 Weeks Later and The Assassination of Jesse James.
Renner was also great in Dahmer.

I've been longing to see Hurt Locker. Probably check it out when it comes OnDemand. Actually, it might already be there.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Renner is a great actor, I am surprised that he hasn't become a bigger name. And Locker was the joint, I have it and watched it twice already.
<!--quoteo(post=76763:date=Jan 21 2010, 08:32 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jan 21 2010, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76562:date=Jan 19 2010, 02:25 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ Jan 19 2010, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I saw this when it was in the theaters. Good flick...not a real big fan of Jeremy Renner but I thought he was good in it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really? Why is that? I've liked him in just about everything I've seen him in.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Dunno tbh. No real reason, and he's a solid enough actor. Its just one of those things...just never really liked him.