Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Play Fantasy English Premier League?
My brother and I tried it last year and liked it.
How does it work exactly?
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=51596:date=Jul 24 2009, 01:58 AM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 24 2009, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How does it work exactly?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
http://uk.premiership.fantasysports.yaho...ball/rules
I wouldn't mind playing if you guys were forming a league.
I played years ago, but found I didn't know enough of the players to be any good. All I could do was go off existing stats. I'd be interested in playing.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=51621:date=Jul 24 2009, 07:54 AM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 24 2009, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I played years ago, but found I didn't know enough of the players to be any good. All I could do was go off existing stats. I'd be interested in playing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
How do you feel about Adebayor leaving the Emirates?
<!--quoteo(post=51812:date=Jul 24 2009, 02:30 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 24 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=51621:date=Jul 24 2009, 07:54 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 24 2009, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I played years ago, but found I didn't know enough of the players to be any good. All I could do was go off existing stats. I'd be interested in playing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Him leaving and Nasri breaking his leg certainly don't help. I think initially they'll be ok, but they're lack of depth is going to hurt. Van Persie and Walcott will be alright, with Bendter supplying a little depth. A full season of Arshavin will also help.

Still a top 5 team, but I don't know that they have the man power or money to hang with the ManU's, Chelsea's, Liverpool's and ManCity's of the world. We'll see.
I got nothin'.

Andy
<!--quoteo(post=51815:date=Jul 24 2009, 12:35 PM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 24 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=51812:date=Jul 24 2009, 02:30 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 24 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=51621:date=Jul 24 2009, 07:54 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 24 2009, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I played years ago, but found I didn't know enough of the players to be any good. All I could do was go off existing stats. I'd be interested in playing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Him leaving and Nasri breaking his leg certainly don't help. I think initially they'll be ok, but they're lack of depth is going to hurt. Van Persie and Walcott will be alright, with Bendter supplying a little depth. A full season of Arshavin will also help.

Still a top 5 team, but I don't know that they have the man power or money to hang with the ManU's, Chelsea's, Liverpool's and ManCity's of the world. We'll see.
Agreed.
And I don't know how they have no money. Did the Emirates take that much out of them? I mean they've sold Viera, Henry, Pires, etc. over the last 5 years, and have made few buys. Arshavin I think will be big this year, and I hope Rosicky will get back. I've always liked him.
<!--quoteo(post=51824:date=Jul 24 2009, 02:39 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 24 2009, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=51815:date=Jul 24 2009, 12:35 PM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 24 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=51812:date=Jul 24 2009, 02:30 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jul 24 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=51621:date=Jul 24 2009, 07:54 AM:name=Andy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 24 2009, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I played years ago, but found I didn't know enough of the players to be any good. All I could do was go off existing stats. I'd be interested in playing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agreed.
And I don't know how they have no money. Did the Emirates take that much out of them? I mean they've sold Viera, Henry, Pires, etc. over the last 5 years, and have made few buys. Arshavin I think will be big this year, and I hope Rosicky will get back. I've always liked him.

I was reading an article not too long ago that stated Emirates Stadium makes them some ridiculous net amount (in the millions) every game. They have one of the highest ticket prices, are majority owned by 2 billionaires and have a waiting list of around 40,000 for season tickets. I have NO idea why they won't spend money, but it does show just how good of a manager Wegner is.
I got nothin'.

Andy
Arsenal's operating profit for the 2008-09 season was $59 mil. So it's not like they don't have some money to spend. But Kroenke and Usmanov treat it 100% as a business.
I got nothin'.

Andy
I took the liberty of forming a group

Group ID: 3504
password: gocubsgo

http://uk.premiership.fantasysports.yahoo.com/football
nevermind
<!--quoteo(post=51960:date=Jul 24 2009, 07:02 PM:name=alpha)-->QUOTE (alpha @ Jul 24 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->nevermind<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I edited the group ID. My bad.
2 more weeks until the season starts.
This season should be really exciting. ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and maybe even Man City with a fair shot at the title, no one really emerged as a clear favorite in the off season. Which team do you guys support? I am a ManU supporter.