Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Play Fantasy English Premier League?
This is how I see it as it stands now:

1. Liverpool 89 points
2. Chelsea 87 points
3. Man United 86 points
4. Man City 70 points
5. Arsenal 68 points
6. Aston Villa 62 points
7. Tottenham 60 points
8. Everton 55 points

I'm a Chelsea supporter, and putting them above United is partly my biased outlook, but I really think that United will draw more this year. How many times in the last couple years has Ronaldo been their own scorer? I think someone will step up, i.e. Anderson or Valencia. However, I see them not winning a couple games that they previously would have. They still will lose less games than anyone, or atleast as few Chelsea, though. Liverpool is due. They have the firepower, and I think they can do it this year.

But to be honest, the top 3 is so close, it's still too close call a favorite. If Liverpool or United get Ribery, then they're the favorite. If Chelsea can snag Pirlo and maybe another big attacker to join Lampard, they're the favorite.

Should be a great year. Arsenal and City will take that battle for the fourth spot all the way to the wire in my opinion. Arsenal has more talent, and continuity, but they have injury trouble(Nasri), and lose Adebayor to City. City will be really damn powerful up front with Ribinho, Adebayor and Tevez that it will make up for a lot of their lack of a back four.

Let's get the season going.

Go Blues!
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
alpha, I am a ManU supporter as well. I think the talent is still there to make it 4 in a row.
<!--quoteo(post=54615:date=Aug 1 2009, 06:07 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Aug 1 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This is how I see it as it stands now:

1. Liverpool 89 points
2. Chelsea 87 points
3. Man United 86 points
4. Man City 70 points
5. Arsenal 68 points
6. Aston Villa 62 points
7. Tottenham 60 points
8. Everton 55 points

I'm a Chelsea supporter, and putting them above United is partly my biased outlook, but I really think that United will draw more this year. How many times in the last couple years has Ronaldo been their own scorer? I think someone will step up, i.e. Anderson or Valencia. However, I see them not winning a couple games that they previously would have. They still will lose less games than anyone, or atleast as few Chelsea, though. Liverpool is due. They have the firepower, and I think they can do it this year.

But to be honest, the top 3 is so close, it's still too close call a favorite. If Liverpool or United get Ribery, then they're the favorite. If Chelsea can snag Pirlo and maybe another big attacker to join Lampard, they're the favorite.

Should be a great year. Arsenal and City will take that battle for the fourth spot all the way to the wire in my opinion. Arsenal has more talent, and continuity, but they have injury trouble(Nasri), and lose Adebayor to City. City will be really damn powerful up front with Ribinho, Adebayor and Tevez that it will make up for a lot of their lack of a back four.

Let's get the season going.

Go Blues!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think City will find a way to screw up and finish outside the top 4. I think the top 3 will be ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool in some order (I want to see if any other player moves go down soon before I decide who wins) but Arsenal holds down 4th.
You're right. Me putting City 4th was just based on my lack of appeal with Arsenal. City and Liverpool will probably play to 6-6 draws when they play against each other. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
Although City has improved their striking force remarkably, their defense still sucks and to survive against the big four you need a solid defense. Also I think we will see a huge season from Rooney as he would not have to play second fiddle to Ronaldo anymore. I believe Rooney, Owen and Berbatov, playing together to their potential, can make up for the loss of Ronaldo.

I don't expect too much from Valencia though. Anderson should continue improving and can be a real impact player this season. Also look out for the twins, Rafael and Fabio, those Brazilian's sure are extremely talented.