Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have the 3rd overall pick
<!--quoteo(post=57749:date=Aug 13 2009, 04:47 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Aug 13 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=57665:date=Aug 13 2009, 02:08 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Aug 13 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=57664:date=Aug 13 2009, 12:01 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Aug 13 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think you have to go with Turner and hope that he doesnt fall into a 350+ carry, post-year funk.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, there's that 350+ carry thing too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

In reading more on Turner, he had 376 carries last year.
According to ESPN the Magazine, 27 players in the past have done this and they average 40% less fantasy points the following year. Only once has a player see their point total rise the following year.

Yeah, that scares the crap out of me.
who did you pick?
[Image: lou.jpg]
Turner went #2, and I'm not buying into the MJD hype yet...

QB Matt Schaub (Hou - QB)
WR Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
WR Anquan Boldin (Ari - WR)
WR Eddie Royal (Den - WR)
RB Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
RB Darren McFadden (Oak - RB)
BN LenDale White (Ten - RB)
BN Percy Harvin (Min - WR)
BN Earl Bennett (Chi - WR)
BN Kyle Orton (Den - QB)
BN Donald Brown (Ind - RB)
BN Patrick Crayton (Dal - WR)
K Robbie Gould (Chi - K)
DEF Minnesota (Min - DEF)
<!--quoteo(post=57785:date=Aug 13 2009, 11:32 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Aug 13 2009, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Turner went #2, and I'm not buying into the MJD hype yet...

RB Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
BN Kyle Orton (Den - QB)
K Robbie Gould (Chi - K)
DEF Minnesota (Min - DEF)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I love your WR. and I think Donald Brown is going to be excellent in Indy after about week 5 or 6. I just think he is much better than Addai. I don't want a top 5 pick because I'd be like you and not know who the hell to pick up. I think I'd much prefer picking late in the 1st round.
<!--quoteo(post=57826:date=Aug 14 2009, 08:15 AM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Aug 14 2009, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=57785:date=Aug 13 2009, 11:32 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Aug 13 2009, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Turner went #2, and I'm not buying into the MJD hype yet...

RB Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
BN Kyle Orton (Den - QB)
K Robbie Gould (Chi - K)
DEF Minnesota (Min - DEF)<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I love your WR. and I think Donald Brown is going to be excellent in Indy after about week 5 or 6. I just think he is much better than Addai. I don't want a top 5 pick because I'd be like you and not know who the hell to pick up. I think I'd much prefer picking late in the 1st round.

I decided to go heavy on WR early on since the position seems so thin this year. I kinda wish I had gone for a QB earlier instead of grabbing White, since passing TD's are 6pts in this league, but Schaub has a lot of weapons around him, and I think he'll turn in a pretty good year. It got pretty thin towards the end, but I was still able to grab Brown and Crayton in the last couple of rounds.
I should also mention that Rotodestroyer heads up this league. He had the 5th overall pick, and was taking his time trying to decide between DeAngelo Williams and Drew Brees. Apparently, he didn't set his queue. He claims he double clicked on Brees at the last second, but double clicking does you no good on Yahoo... you have to click the draft button. He autopicked Brian Westbrook. A temper tantrum ensued... absolute hilarity.
<!--quoteo(post=57915:date=Aug 14 2009, 03:28 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Aug 14 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I should also mention that Rotodestroyer heads up this league. He had the 5th overall pick, and was taking his time trying to decide between DeAngelo Williams and Drew Brees. Apparently, he didn't set his queue. He claims he double clicked on Brees at the last second, but double clicking does you no good on Yahoo... you have to click the draft button. He autopicked Brian Westbrook. A temper tantrum ensued... absolute hilarity.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

bwahahahaha. i love it.
<!--quoteo(post=57915:date=Aug 14 2009, 03:28 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Aug 14 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I should also mention that Rotodestroyer heads up this league. He had the 5th overall pick, and was taking his time trying to decide between DeAngelo Williams and Drew Brees. Apparently, he didn't set his queue. He claims he double clicked on Brees at the last second, but double clicking does you no good on Yahoo... you have to click the draft button. He autopicked Brian Westbrook. A temper tantrum ensued... absolute hilarity.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Classic

We had some good heated moments during our SOI Baseball Keeper draft
DONT USE JAVA!!!!!
yeah, my bad on that one. i thought cc was going to have a coronary
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I kept saying I was using the Java just to add to the humor.