Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have the 3rd overall pick
In my draft tonight, who would you take and why? I'm assuming Peterson will be off the board at number one. I have no idea who will go #2, but the consensus pick there seems to be Jones-Drew. So, I'll likely get to choose from Turner, Forte, DeAngelo Williams and LT, I guess. Considering that I'm a Bears fan, it would be hard not to take Forte, but I'm intrigued by DeAngelo Williams.
Is it PPR? If so, I'd definitely go Forte. If not, then that's something I've been debating myself. I'd probably leave LT out of the equation in both situations.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

it'd be a toss up between turner and forte for me and, if pressed, i'd probably go with turner (better guys surrounding him). williams has the numbers but stewart's pretty good, i think, and should take away some from him. it's not a keeper league, i'm guessing? if so, that may tip it in favor of forte. for me, it would still be hard to not take forte, only because it makes his successful sundays that much better when he's on your team.

i have the 3rd overall for my keeper league and i'm not sure who to take. it's an 8 keeper league, so basically we're talking rookies. i usually take a RB and have forte and slaton. i may look for WRs in free agency because i have none but was wondering if there's a can't miss rookie WR?
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
Oh yeah, 12 teams, no keepers, and no PPR. I'm kinda leaning towards Turner the more I think about it, because I don't think Norwood will steal too many carries away from him.
I think you have to go with Turner and hope that he doesnt fall into a 350+ carry, post-year funk.
<!--quoteo(post=57664:date=Aug 13 2009, 12:01 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Aug 13 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think you have to go with Turner and hope that he doesnt fall into a 350+ carry, post-year funk.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, there's that 350+ carry thing too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
I feel like Forte is the safer pick, but Turner has the high risk/reward. I think DeAngelo gets hurt this year due to his size and running style.
i really hate to say it but for such a young guy i worry about the effect last season's workload will have on forte. a bolstered o line and an actual qb should ease the burden a bit on him this year though. norwood's pretty good, or could be, but i don't think they'll ever use him enough for it to adversely effect turner
Forte did jump from 139 carries his Junior year to 361 carries his Senior year. I'm not saying there isn't cause for concern, just that I'm personally not...for fantasy purposes or otherwise.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

<!--quoteo(post=57705:date=Aug 13 2009, 02:37 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Aug 13 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Forte did jump from 139 carries his Junior year to 361 carries his Senior year. I'm not saying there isn't cause for concern, just that I'm personally not...for fantasy purposes or otherwise.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And he had what? 316 last year? I guess it shows that he can handle the workload. I don't expect him to get that many this year with Jones healthy, but I sure hope Forte's YPC goes up above 4.0 this year...
Yeah, from all accounts Kevin Jones looks back to pre-injury form. He did a lot of the work with the first team on inside drills at the start of camp (Forte held out for precautionary measures). I don't see Forte to have nearly as many touches this year, so I definitely expect his YPC to go up.

forte
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=57665:date=Aug 13 2009, 02:08 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Aug 13 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=57664:date=Aug 13 2009, 12:01 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Aug 13 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think you have to go with Turner and hope that he doesnt fall into a 350+ carry, post-year funk.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, there's that 350+ carry thing too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

In reading more on Turner, he had 376 carries last year.
According to ESPN the Magazine, 27 players in the past have done this and they average 40% less fantasy points the following year. Only once has a player see their point total rise the following year.
<!--quoteo(post=57716:date=Aug 13 2009, 04:12 PM:name=biggz)-->QUOTE (biggz @ Aug 13 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, from all accounts Kevin Jones looks back to pre-injury form. He did a lot of the work with the first team on inside drills at the start of camp (Forte held out for precautionary measures). I don't see Forte to have nearly as many touches this year, so I definitely expect his YPC to go up.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
i was at camp the other day and jones almost whooped the shit out of some rookie db. not sure if he cheap shotted him or what but jones had to be held back and the rook looked a little scared
<!--quoteo(post=57752:date=Aug 13 2009, 06:05 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Aug 13 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=57716:date=Aug 13 2009, 04:12 PM:name=biggz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (biggz @ Aug 13 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah, from all accounts Kevin Jones looks back to pre-injury form. He did a lot of the work with the first team on inside drills at the start of camp (Forte held out for precautionary measures). I don't see Forte to have nearly as many touches this year, so I definitely expect his YPC to go up.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
i was at camp the other day and jones almost whooped the shit out of some rookie db. not sure if he cheap shotted him or what but jones had to be held back and the rook looked a little scared
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

haha That's fucking awesome. That might have been DJ Moore. I know he's, like, 5'9".