Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Training 2010
<!--quoteo(post=76081:date=Jan 14 2010, 03:17 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jan 14 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The only benefit of Naples that I can think of is it's closer to D.R., Venzuela, and the other Lation countries that produce a lot of talent. That said, I'm not sure how big of a benefit it really is.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As Rapp would say, Rascist
The benefit is that Naples is going to throw a shitload of money the Ricketts' way to make the move.
<!--quoteo(post=76083:date=Jan 14 2010, 04:22 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 14 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The benefit is that Naples is going to throw a shitload of money the Ricketts' way to make the move.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yep. Everything else is not really beneficial to anyone. The weather and travel constraints out there aren't going to help us. There's a reason why the trend in recent years has been for teams to go West and not East.

They'd better be "re-investing" their extra revenues back into the team somehow, or else I will be pissed.
<!--quoteo(post=76095:date=Jan 14 2010, 04:40 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 14 2010, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76083:date=Jan 14 2010, 04:22 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 14 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The benefit is that Naples is going to throw a shitload of money the Ricketts' way to make the move.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yep. Everything else is not really beneficial to anyone. The weather and travel constraints out there aren't going to help us. There's a reason why the trend in recent years has been for teams to go West and not East.

They'd better be "re-investing" their extra revenues back into the team somehow, or else I will be pissed.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What travel constraints? Flights are cheaper to FL than AZ whenever I look.
<!--quoteo(post=76100:date=Jan 14 2010, 03:57 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Jan 14 2010, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76095:date=Jan 14 2010, 04:40 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jan 14 2010, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76083:date=Jan 14 2010, 04:22 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 14 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The benefit is that Naples is going to throw a shitload of money the Ricketts' way to make the move.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What travel constraints? Flights are cheaper to FL than AZ whenever I look.

I think it has more to do with the team's travel constraints... the facilities in Florida are all over the state, and much more spread out than the ones in Arizona. I guess that applies to fans too since you'd have to travel all over the state if you wanted to go see a few games
Stolen off Twitter:

"Fan complains about ticket prices; Kenney reaffirms Ricketts's pledge that ALL Cubs revenue will go back into the team & park."
@TheBlogfines
For whatever a Tweet from Kaplan is worth:
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->I am hearing that Mesa has moved ahead of Naples in the battle to land the Cubs for a spring training home. Decision should come soon.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=76829:date=Jan 21 2010, 01:51 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 21 2010, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->For whatever a Tweet from Kaplan is worth:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->I am hearing that Mesa has moved ahead of Naples in the battle to land the Cubs for a spring training home. Decision should come soon.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Extortion works.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->thekapman

**Breaking News** The Cubs have chosen Mesa over Naples if the Mesa City Council approves their formal proposal in a vote on Monday evening<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
So... Butcher doesn't hate Ricketts?
<!--quoteo(post=76841:date=Jan 21 2010, 02:47 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 21 2010, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So... Butcher doesn't hate Ricketts?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The jury is still out.
But at least for now his cat is safe. That's really all that matters.
I picture a pissed-off Amazon bitch; uncontrollable, disobedient, boldly resisting any kind of emotional shackles...angrily begging for more ejaculate. -KB

Showing your teeth is a sign of weakness in primates. Whenever someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life. - Dwight

RIP Sarge
New reports have the Cubs staying in Mesa.
Actually, it isn't a done deal yet. The Ricketts haven't confirmed anything.
<!--quoteo(post=77123:date=Jan 22 2010, 11:45 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 22 2010, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Actually, it isn't a done deal yet. The Ricketts haven't confirmed anything.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/brickwall.gif[/img]