Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Training 2010
<!--quoteo(post=75854:date=Jan 13 2010, 05:53 PM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Jan 13 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=75850:date=Jan 13 2010, 03:48 PM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jan 13 2010, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=75848:date=Jan 13 2010, 01:41 PM:name=Fella)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fella @ Jan 13 2010, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->LaHair seems like another Hollywood

Big lefty 1B with power but who has crappy defense and a hole in his swing.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Why do all of our prospects have a hole in their swing?

LaHair, Hoff, Pie, Patterson & Patterson etc.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The hole in their swing is one of the reasons why these guys are prospects rather than MLB regulars.

BTW, anyone have any word on Mike Parisi the Rule 5 pick up from the Cardinals?

He is on the roster but my guess is that his chance of making the team is about as good as any of the non-roster invitee pitchers.

I don't see much value in him and was confused when the Cubs picked him. However, he is recently recovered from surgery and it's possible he has turned a corner. There's hope he could be a decent pitcher if the Cubs had people scouting him and they truely felt he looked good enough to take a chance on.
<!--quoteo(post=75868:date=Jan 13 2010, 04:09 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 13 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->the Cubs had people scouting him and they truely felt he looked good enough to take a chance on.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

let's not kid ourselves then- he blows.
<!--quoteo(post=75883:date=Jan 13 2010, 05:35 PM:name=The Dude)-->QUOTE (The Dude @ Jan 13 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=75868:date=Jan 13 2010, 04:09 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 13 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->the Cubs had people scouting him and they truely felt he looked good enough to take a chance on.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are you saying Cubs scouting blows or that my comment is more or less grasping at straws?
LaHair and Snyder will be competing with Hoffpauir for a bench spot.

And Jody, being "28 all year" is just a short-hand way of saying, typically, by 28 a dude has made it, or least made himself known. Guys who are floating around as minor league free agents at age 28 are likely flawed in several respects.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
I think that Synder could make this team.
<!--quoteo(post=75966:date=Jan 14 2010, 09:43 AM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jan 14 2010, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I think that Synder could make this team.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You must know something about him, because looking at his stats in Iowa and winter league would not lead you to believe this.
<!--quoteo(post=75910:date=Jan 13 2010, 06:17 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 13 2010, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=75883:date=Jan 13 2010, 05:35 PM:name=The Dude)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dude @ Jan 13 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=75868:date=Jan 13 2010, 04:09 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 13 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->the Cubs had people scouting him and they truely felt he looked good enough to take a chance on.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are you saying Cubs scouting blows or that my comment is more or less grasping at straws?

I was saying the scouting blows, but now that you mention it, both.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->BNightengale: #mlb The Cubs likely will leave Mesa, Az. for Naples, Fla., for spring training barring the state of AZ coming up with unforseen money.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Guess this could be the last year in Mesa.
<!--quoteo(post=76052:date=Jan 14 2010, 02:12 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jan 14 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->BNightengale: #mlb The Cubs likely will leave Mesa, Az. for Naples, Fla., for spring training barring the state of AZ coming up with unforseen money.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Motherfucker. I already hate the Ricketts.
That new facility and miniature Wrigleyville had better be something out of this world and worth the gamble, or else the Ricketts should think long and hard before they destroy the local economy there in Mesa and surrounding towns. It had better be worth it monetarily, because I don't think this helps the players in any way.
<!--quoteo(post=76052:date=Jan 14 2010, 02:12 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jan 14 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->BNightengale: #mlb The Cubs likely will leave Mesa, Az. for Naples, Fla., for spring training barring the state of AZ coming up with unforseen money.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Who is this BNightengale?

This is seriously fucking up my universe. My parents are buried in the cemetery right across the street from HoHoKam and I have a lot of fond memories of Spring Training in Mesa. I will seriously cry if the Cubs move to fucking Naples.
Nightengale is usually spot on.

I love this move.
<!--quoteo(post=76062:date=Jan 14 2010, 02:35 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 14 2010, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=76052:date=Jan 14 2010, 02:12 PM:name=ColoradoCub)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jan 14 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->BNightengale: #mlb The Cubs likely will leave Mesa, Az. for Naples, Fla., for spring training barring the state of AZ coming up with unforseen money.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Who is this BNightengale?

This is seriously fucking up my universe. My parents are buried in the cemetery right across the street from HoHoKam and I have a lot of fond memories of Spring Training in Mesa. I will seriously cry if the Cubs move to fucking Naples.
Bob Nightengale. USA Today sports writer.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
God dammit!
@TheBlogfines
The only benefit of Naples that I can think of is it's closer to D.R., Venzuela, and the other Lation countries that produce a lot of talent. That said, I'm not sure how big of a benefit it really is.