Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs sign Chad Tracy
Interesting...Back up for lee and Rammy

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/01/cubs...chad-tracy.html
Minor league deal, ST invite. He'll compete with Hoffpauir, basically.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
We could have a really nice bench now after these last couple signings. Hendry's recent activity pleases me very much.

I just wish he could have added another SP as insurance, and not another #5 type. That's my only complaint so far this offseason.
One less Cub killer anyway...
I like. Him and Nady could provide good versatility and a nice R/L pinch hitting combo off the bench.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
I'm so excited about this that I had to put my drink down here at TGI Friday's to comment. The biggest Cub killer not named Joey Votto that's still in this league. Id much rather have him than Hoff. He's a very good hitter when right, and his ability to play 3rd helps. Hoff's holes were very exposed after the 1st couple months. If nothing else, this keeps him off somebody else's roster for a bit.
@TheBlogfines
You'll never guess who's the most similar hitter to Tracy, according to baseballreference.com's metrics:

Chad Tracy's Similar Batters
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

Jimmy was busy today
The Nady and Tracy moves make me want to make love to Hendry's face.
"Drink Up and Beat Off!"
-KBWSB

"Will I be looked on poorly if my religion involved punting little people?"
-Jody
<!--quoteo(post=77522:date=Jan 26 2010, 09:59 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 26 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We could have a really nice bench now after these last couple signings. Hendry's recent activity pleases me very much.

I just wish he could have added another SP as insurance, and not another #5 type. That's my only complaint so far this offseason.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think we could still be presently surprised. Noah Lowry is going to have a private workout next Tuesday and the Cubs are among the teams that will be there to see him. I think Lowry would be a perfect signing for the Cubs.
<!--quoteo(post=77547:date=Jan 26 2010, 11:10 PM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 26 2010, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=77522:date=Jan 26 2010, 09:59 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jan 26 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We could have a really nice bench now after these last couple signings. Hendry's recent activity pleases me very much.

I just wish he could have added another SP as insurance, and not another #5 type. That's my only complaint so far this offseason.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think we could still be presently surprised. Noah Lowry is going to have a private workout next Tuesday and the Cubs are among the teams that will be there to see him. I think Lowry would be a perfect signing for the Cubs.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Seriously? He hasn't pitched in the show for three years.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.
<!--quoteo(post=77547:date=Jan 27 2010, 02:10 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 27 2010, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=77522:date=Jan 26 2010, 09:59 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jan 26 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We could have a really nice bench now after these last couple signings. Hendry's recent activity pleases me very much.

This would be a surprise, but there will be nothing pleasant about it.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=77586:date=Jan 27 2010, 10:14 AM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Jan 27 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=77547:date=Jan 27 2010, 02:10 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 27 2010, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=77522:date=Jan 26 2010, 09:59 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jan 26 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We could have a really nice bench now after these last couple signings. Hendry's recent activity pleases me very much.

This would be a surprise, but there will be nothing pleasant about it.
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

What we need to do is track down Casey Daigle and sign his sorry ass.
Lowry on a minor league deal would make me happy.
Lowry's ERA from 06 and 07 is all smoke and mirrors. I don't want to see what that dropping K rate and rising BB rate look like in a Cub (even Iowa) uni. Pass.
--Veryzer