Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs sign Chad Tracy
<!--quoteo(post=77548:date=Jan 27 2010, 02:39 AM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jan 27 2010, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=77547:date=Jan 26 2010, 11:10 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 26 2010, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=77522:date=Jan 26 2010, 09:59 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jan 26 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We could have a really nice bench now after these last couple signings. Hendry's recent activity pleases me very much.

I just wish he could have added another SP as insurance, and not another #5 type. That's my only complaint so far this offseason.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think we could still be presently surprised. Noah Lowry is going to have a private workout next Tuesday and the Cubs are among the teams that will be there to see him. I think Lowry would be a perfect signing for the Cubs.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Seriously? He hasn't pitched in the show for three years.

He's two years removed from a 156.0 inning 3.92 ERA season and is only 29 years old. If he's healthy, what's wrong with signing him? It's not as if he blew out his elbow or shoulder. He's had a few funky conditions that have kept him out of baseball. But, if he's overcome them, I think he'd be a great gamble.

To compare this guy to Casey Daigle is a joke.
<!--quoteo(post=77590:date=Jan 27 2010, 11:22 AM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Jan 27 2010, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Lowry's ERA from 06 and 07 is all smoke and mirrors. I don't want to see what that dropping K rate and rising BB rate look like in a Cub (even Iowa) uni. Pass.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have a feeling his high walk rate in '07 was due to his compartment syndrome. His July and August WHIPs ballooned that year and I think that's when it was setting in and causing his erractic throwing. I'm thinking the reason his ERA still looked respectable is his fantastic change.

The Cubs aren't exactly in a position to sign a marquee name. So, why not take a chance on a guy like Lowry and see if we can Dempster him up?
<!--quoteo(post=77594:date=Jan 27 2010, 11:34 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 27 2010, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=77590:date=Jan 27 2010, 11:22 AM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Jan 27 2010, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Lowry's ERA from 06 and 07 is all smoke and mirrors. I don't want to see what that dropping K rate and rising BB rate look like in a Cub (even Iowa) uni. Pass.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have a feeling his high walk rate in '07 was due to his compartment syndrome. His July and August WHIPs ballooned that year and I think that's when it was setting in and causing his erractic throwing. I'm thinking the reason his ERA still looked respectable is his fantastic change.

The Cubs aren't exactly in a position to sign a marquee name. So, why not take a chance on a guy like Lowry and see if we can Dempster him up?
Upon reflection, I guess if he's given the chance to soar or stumble in Iowa, I wouldn't mind so much. I guess I just was reacting to Ruby's professed glee at such a deal. I just don't get why such a deal would make Ruby so happy. He must own, like, 5 jillion Lowry rookie cards.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=77588:date=Jan 27 2010, 12:16 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Jan 27 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Lowry on a minor league deal would make me happy.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I understand that Ruby is not the most excitable person around, but I'm not sure I would identify this as glee.

Were you referring to my post where I said we could be "pleasantly surprised" and he would be a "perfect signing"?
Yes, yes, it's all a rich tapestry.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

<!--quoteo(post=77601:date=Jan 27 2010, 11:53 AM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Jan 27 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yes, yes, it's all a rich tapestry.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So you're calling me and my Noah Lowry rookie cards out?
According to ESPN Rumors, the Cubs are one of 10 teams in attendance for the workout.

Wouldn't pencil in Lowry in Iowa yet.
<!--quoteo(post=77592:date=Jan 27 2010, 10:26 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 27 2010, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=77548:date=Jan 27 2010, 02:39 AM:name=Destined)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destined @ Jan 27 2010, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=77547:date=Jan 26 2010, 11:10 PM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 26 2010, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=77522:date=Jan 26 2010, 09:59 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jan 26 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We could have a really nice bench now after these last couple signings. Hendry's recent activity pleases me very much.

I just wish he could have added another SP as insurance, and not another #5 type. That's my only complaint so far this offseason.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think we could still be presently surprised. Noah Lowry is going to have a private workout next Tuesday and the Cubs are among the teams that will be there to see him. I think Lowry would be a perfect signing for the Cubs.
Seriously? He hasn't pitched in the show for three years.

He's two years removed from a 156.0 inning 3.92 ERA season and is only 29 years old. If he's healthy, what's wrong with signing him? It's not as if he blew out his elbow or shoulder. He's had a few funky conditions that have kept him out of baseball. But, if he's overcome them, I think he'd be a great gamble.

To compare this guy to Casey Daigle is a joke.
Calm down. I wasn't comparing him to Casey Daigle.

I only brought up Daigle because we were discussing Cubs killers who used to play for the D'Backs who are otherwise mediocre players (or worse).