Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pacific
<!--quoteo(post=84355:date=Mar 24 2010, 02:44 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Mar 24 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I wonder how this series will stack up to The Thin Red Line -- also about the Battle at Guadalcanal.

I thought The Thin Red Line was absolutely amazing and probably my second favorite war movie behind Apocalypse Now.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'd be curious to hear your views on Apocalypse Now Redux.
So with just two parts remaining, I'm curious to hear if people have been keeping up with this, and what they think. I think it has had its ups and downs, but overall I think it has been pretty good. Robert Leckie has been the most interesting character to follow, in my opinion, but he has been gone the last couple of parts. Since his fighting days appear to be over, I assume we won't see him anymore, unless it follows him back to the real world. And with Basilone killed in the last part, it leaves Sledge as the last remaining centralized character. Last two parts should be interesting.
the last few minutes of this was really good and kind of surprising. overall it was a pretty good mini series. i never saw band of brothers so i don't know how comparable it was. i may have liked this one a little better if they focused on just one company of marines but in the end i see why they didn't.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.