Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4/5/2010 Cubs @ Braves
I say we trade him to the Rams.
Alright... some positives:

Marlon Byrd- Smoked the ball in spring, hit for power this spring and last season, then did the same today. He's built like a beast, and maybe he really is a 20+ homer guy these days. One thing I really like is these have all been laser shots. The wind blowing in at Wrigley isn't going to matter if you smoke the ball and on a line.

Kosuke Fukudome- Yes he always starts out well, but a few really good at bats and used the whole field.

Aramis Ramirez- Bomb. Then pulled another one that had near homer distance foul.

Sean Marshall- Looked great out of the pen as he did all of last year. Where he belongs, and just nice to see we have a dependable guy there.

James Russell- Certainly didn't impress with stuff, but got the job done. 2 scoreless innings, 1 of which came after a Mike Fontenot error on a groundball. That can rattle a young pitcher sometimes but he got out of it without any damage.
@TheBlogfines
All of those are correct. We also didnt get any breaks on some hard hit balls or stupid calls from the umps.
However, our defense and control on the mound broke open the game.

We aren't this bad of a team, but I still wonder how good of a team we are.
I drove 3 hours to sit thru that crap?
Atlanta has the worst traffic in the world. Hands down. We left an hour early yesterday so we'd have time to get to our seats and enjoy the ballpark a little. It took us an hour to get the last 7 miles on I-85. So we ended up getting to our seats at the start of 2nd inning and the score was already 6-3. And it was pretty much all downhill from there.

Almost got Aramis' home run ball. Dude in my row got it about 6 seats over. That was about the lone high point of the game. Braves fans were a little more ornery yesterday than I've seen before. I guess an 11 run victory will put some wind in your sails.

Oh and I think everyone in the park saw that McLouth dropped that ball except the ump. Not that we would have won either way but that could have made a big difference. That got me starting to think maybe Instant Replay isn't such a bad thing after all.

Also, Lou came out and gave a half assed attempt to argue the call. I think he's lost that fire. The Old Lou would have torn up the field on a joke of a call like that.

<!--quoteo(post=86479:date=Apr 6 2010, 06:44 AM:name=PistolPete)-->QUOTE (PistolPete @ Apr 6 2010, 06:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, Lou came out and gave a half assed attempt to argue the call. I think he's lost that fire. The Old Lou would have torn up the field on a joke of a call like that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Last year he admitted many times that he's way more relaxed and not going to flip out as much, and said that on MLB Network again last week. Pisses me off. He's already acting like a man retired and chilling in Boca Raton. I want Sin City Lou, threatening to bang the umpire's wife and shit on his face.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=86500:date=Apr 6 2010, 11:03 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 6 2010, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=86479:date=Apr 6 2010, 06:44 AM:name=PistolPete)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PistolPete @ Apr 6 2010, 06:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Also, Lou came out and gave a half assed attempt to argue the call. I think he's lost that fire. The Old Lou would have torn up the field on a joke of a call like that.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Last year he admitted many times that he's way more relaxed and not going to flip out as much, and said that on MLB Network again last week. Pisses me off. He's already acting like a man retired and chilling in Boca Raton. I want Sin City Lou, threatening to bang the umpire's wife and shit on his face.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Seriously. I want that guy...the one that led all those teams to all those World Championships!
I watched some of the replay today at lunch.
We hit Lowe hard enough to win that game if we pitched and played defense only decently.