Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4/8/2010 Cubs vs Braves
<!--quoteo(post=87296:date=Apr 8 2010, 08:58 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Apr 8 2010, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Fuck that. I am ecstatic. Going to work tomorrow just got a lot easier<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Not saying I'm angry, I'll take another 99 of these, but it's just that it feels like it had to be more difficult than it needed to be.
I'm pumped. Honestly, I may have cried if that Hinske flyball went 5 more feet. Sad but true. I expected it to.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=87294:date=Apr 8 2010, 07:57 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Apr 8 2010, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87285:date=Apr 8 2010, 08:56 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Apr 8 2010, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why am I not that happy after the W?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I have no idea.

I'm very happy with Wells, Marshall and Marmol
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

and Colvin
Unless it's a blowout they always feel that way to me.
<!--quoteo(post=87297:date=Apr 8 2010, 08:58 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Apr 8 2010, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->As someone (rok?) said earlier, we played like shit and still should have won 2/3 against a playoff contender on the road.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That and the fact that our SP did really well outside of Z gives me hope. Lou has a lot of work to do with this pen though before I start to feel comfortable.
<!--quoteo(post=87293:date=Apr 8 2010, 08:57 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Apr 8 2010, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Whoa, Brick - we both pray at the altar of Jeebus?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Come here you little rascal

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/emu.gif[/img]
Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them.
<!--quoteo(post=87305:date=Apr 8 2010, 10:01 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Apr 8 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=87297:date=Apr 8 2010, 08:58 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Apr 8 2010, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->As someone (rok?) said earlier, we played like shit and still should have won 2/3 against a playoff contender on the road.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That and the fact that our SP did really well outside of Z gives me hope. Lou has a lot of work to do with this pen though before I start to feel comfortable.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Marshall cant pitch every night.
And Grabow cant pitch ever.
Just glad Wells came out and showed he wasn't a complete fluke last year. Dude just knows how to pitch. He's not gonna walk guys, changes speeds, and hits his spots. He's going to give up his fair share of hits, but but not going to allow in too many runs.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=87311:date=Apr 8 2010, 09:04 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Apr 8 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Just glad Wells came out and showed he wasn't a complete fluke last year. Dude just knows how to pitch. He's not gonna walk guys, changes speeds, and hits his spots. He's going to give up his fair share of hits, but but not going to allow in too many runs.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wells can be another Maddux if he stays healthy and keeps pitching this cool and smart. That guy is gonna get PAID.
I never thought Wells would amount to this much.
If we could go out and get a veteran setup man, eventually call up Castro, and shift Theriot over to 2B, that would go a long ways toward giving me more confidence in our pitching and defense.