Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Machete
This is pretty amazing. Check out the cast. When was the last time you saw Steven Seagal, Don Johnson, Lindsey Lohan and Robert DeNiro in the same cast?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0V62G1ANJpk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0V62G1ANJpk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
"...and he kills the bad guys."

That looks awesome. Suck on that, Tarantino.
I liked it more when it looked like a guilty pleasure exploitation flick. Now it looks like Rodriguez has injected some not-so-subtle political messages into the story. "We didn't cross the border! The border crossed us!!!"
<!--quoteo(post=94932:date=May 5 2010, 12:43 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 5 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I liked it more when it looked like a guilty pleasure exploitation flick. Now it looks like Rodriguez has injected some not-so-subtle political messages into the story. "We didn't cross the border! The border crossed us!!!"<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dude, an exploitation film has to exploit something in the zeitgeist. That shit's gonna sell tickets.
I was gonna post this as well. Looks absolutely fantastic. The Grindhouse trailer was funnier, but this now looks like it could be a special film like Black Dynamite.
<!--quoteo(post=94937:date=May 5 2010, 12:48 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ May 5 2010, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94932:date=May 5 2010, 12:43 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 5 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I liked it more when it looked like a guilty pleasure exploitation flick. Now it looks like Rodriguez has injected some not-so-subtle political messages into the story. "We didn't cross the border! The border crossed us!!!"<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dude, an exploitation film has to exploit something in the zeitgeist. That shit's gonna sell tickets.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah. Perhaps.
<!--quoteo(post=94930:date=May 5 2010, 12:41 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ May 5 2010, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->"...and he kills the bad guys."

That looks awesome. Suck on that, Tarantino.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like some of Rodriguez's movies, but he can't hold Tarantino's jock. I doubt Quentin is too worried about it.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=94980:date=May 5 2010, 02:15 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 5 2010, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=94930:date=May 5 2010, 12:41 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ May 5 2010, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->"...and he kills the bad guys."

That looks awesome. Suck on that, Tarantino.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like some of Rodriguez's movies, but he can't hold Tarantino's jock. I doubt Quentin is too worried about it.

Wow, I can't see the trailer at work, so I Wikipedia'd it and it sounds awesome. Rose McGown has a cameo in a fake trailer before the movie as Cherry Darling, her character from Grindhouse and the Crazy Babysitter Twins are back as well.
Wang.
Holy shit that looks fucking amazing. I'm boning right now.
Wang.
this was the best of the grindhouse trailers, i thought. looking forward to it
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=95012:date=May 5 2010, 03:39 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ May 5 2010, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->this was the best of the grindhouse trailers, i thought. looking forward to it<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I thought "Thanksgiving" was freaking hilarious, as was "Don't."
<!--quoteo(post=95014:date=May 5 2010, 03:42 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 5 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=95012:date=May 5 2010, 03:39 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ May 5 2010, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->this was the best of the grindhouse trailers, i thought. looking forward to it<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanksgiving was hysterical. I didn't care for Don't. What was the other one?
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=95014:date=May 5 2010, 03:42 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ May 5 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=95012:date=May 5 2010, 03:39 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ May 5 2010, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->this was the best of the grindhouse trailers, i thought. looking forward to it<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
i really liked those too, but as far as being something beyond a fake trailer, i thought right away that they could do something with machete
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=95018:date=May 5 2010, 04:00 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 5 2010, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=95014:date=May 5 2010, 03:42 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ May 5 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=95012:date=May 5 2010, 03:39 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ May 5 2010, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->this was the best of the grindhouse trailers, i thought. looking forward to it<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanksgiving was hysterical. I didn't care for Don't. What was the other one?
Rob Zombie's Werewolf Women of the SS. Featuring Sherri Moon Zombie, Udo Kier, and Nicholas Cage as Fu Manchu.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Oh, yeah. I just remembered this one. Wasn't released in America. I know our neighbors to the north got it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKd0JRCZi9I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SKd0JRCZi9I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v