Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hanley Ramirez
<!--quoteo(post=96847:date=May 18 2010, 08:21 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ May 18 2010, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Yeah man. The whole situation is pretty fail. I think to take it to the level Hanley did though was shitty.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I guess I'm not surprised that he'd do that, from what I understand about his attitude. I expect a manager to be the grownup and take the high road.
I didn't realize that Gonzalez never played in the majors.
If Bobby Cox did it, he'd be a hero.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=96870:date=May 18 2010, 09:07 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 18 2010, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If Bobby Cox did it, he'd be a hero.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
To my knowledge Cox never called out one of his players in public. He pulled Jones from CF that one time, but I don't recall him throwing Jones under a bus afterward. He handled it like a man.
<!--quoteo(post=96829:date=May 18 2010, 07:48 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 18 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I haven't seen the play, but if Ramirez was really hurt, then Gonzalez is an idiot.

But if he was dogging, then he desereved to be pulled, ripped, and booed.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agreed~ The manager needs to yank him, but in terms of job security, he might have been a bit more politcally saavy in how he dealt with it afterwards with the media. The Marlins owner is an egomaniacal loose cannon with a predisposition against Fredi... dissing their only true gate attraction player isn't likely to keep him employed through the season.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Marlins...ould-sit-051810

Great article on the situation~
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein
It appears that most of the Marlins players are agreeing with Gonzalez. Seems telling, maybe this isn't out of the ordinary for Ramirez.
They may agree or not. He handled it like a tool.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Of the two, Ramirez handled far worse. Far far worse.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=96923:date=May 19 2010, 06:55 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 19 2010, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Of the two, Ramirez handled far worse. Far far worse.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He acted more inappropriately but he has way to lose and is much less vulnerable. Fredi was somewhat less wrong but far stupider.

Never mind. You're right. Fuck Ramirez. So his manager called him out in the media. So what...not great but probably one of the only ways to get a prima donna's attention.
<!--quoteo(post=96923:date=May 19 2010, 07:55 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 19 2010, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Of the two, Ramirez handled far worse. Far far worse.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yep, his dogging it caused all of this also.
<!--quoteo(post=96925:date=May 19 2010, 07:00 AM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ May 19 2010, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=96923:date=May 19 2010, 06:55 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ May 19 2010, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Of the two, Ramirez handled far worse. Far far worse.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He acted more inappropriately but he has way to lose and is much less vulnerable. Fredi was somewhat less wrong but far stupider.

Never mind. You're right. Fuck Ramirez. So his manager called him out in the media. So what...not great but probably one of the only ways to get a prima donna's attention.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Ramirez will still have plenty of teams that want him. Gonzalez, not so many.
Holy fucking shit, I can't believe what I am reading here. I didn't click on this link because I assumed I knew what everyone was going to say, but I finally get around to it this morning and am completely stunned by what I'm reading. It is utterly inconceivable to me that you guys can watch that play, and conclude the MANAGER is the one at fault. Ramirez fucking DOGGED it completely. The fact that the runs might have scored anyway is entirely beside the point. Not only did he dog it, but he was a complete fuckstick when asked about it. I don't care how fucking good a guy is, you DON'T disrespect the manger. And I don't care how fucking good a guy is, the manager HAS to take him out after a play like that. Otherwise he has no credibility.

Ramirez either didn't care, or was too hurt to play. Either way, he had to come out.

For the love of Christ, if Soriano had pulled this shit, you guys would be asking for him to be released. You'd all be blowing Lou for having the balls to call him on it.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=96937:date=May 19 2010, 07:47 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ May 19 2010, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Holy fucking shit, I can't believe what I am reading here. I didn't click on this link because I assumed I knew what everyone was going to say, but I finally get around to it this morning and am completely stunned by what I'm reading. It is utterly inconceivable to me that you guys can watch that play, and conclude the MANAGER is the one at fault. Ramirez fucking DOGGED it completely. The fact that the runs might have scored anyway is entirely beside the point. Not only did he dog it, but he was a complete fuckstick when asked about it. I don't care how fucking good a guy is, you DON'T disrespect the manger. And I don't care how fucking good a guy is, the manager HAS to take him out after a play like that. Otherwise he has no credibility.

Ramirez either didn't care, or was too hurt to play. Either way, he had to come out.

For the love of Christ, if Soriano had pulled this shit, you guys would be asking for him to be released. You'd all be blowing Lou for having the balls to call him on it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Life is so much better when I agree with you completely.

And one more thing about Bobby Cox....he pulled Andruw Jones off the field in the middle of an inning and then berated him on the bench in front of the cameras and the world. I have no doubt that that came up with the media after the game.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=96937:date=May 19 2010, 07:47 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ May 19 2010, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Holy fucking shit, I can't believe what I am reading here. I didn't click on this link because I assumed I knew what everyone was going to say, but I finally get around to it this morning and am completely stunned by what I'm reading. It is utterly inconceivable to me that you guys can watch that play, and conclude the MANAGER is the one at fault. Ramirez fucking DOGGED it completely. The fact that the runs might have scored anyway is entirely beside the point. Not only did he dog it, but he was a complete fuckstick when asked about it. I don't care how fucking good a guy is, you DON'T disrespect the manger. And I don't care how fucking good a guy is, the manager HAS to take him out after a play like that. Otherwise he has no credibility.

For the love of Christ, if Soriano had pulled this shit, you guys would be asking for him to be released. You'd all be blowing Lou for having the balls to call him on it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think they are both dicks. Ramirez probably the bigger dick. However, the way Gonzalez handled things in the press was beyond unnecessary. What did he accomplish by calling out his star player in the media? Pulling him was fine. Hurt or not, Ramirez shouldn't have been out there. Do things like a man, in private, and then you avoid embarrassment and looking petty. Ramirez's comments were idiotic, and I'm not defending them, but it never should have got to that point in the first place.
<!--quoteo(post=96941:date=May 19 2010, 08:19 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 19 2010, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=96937:date=May 19 2010, 07:47 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ May 19 2010, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Holy fucking shit, I can't believe what I am reading here. I didn't click on this link because I assumed I knew what everyone was going to say, but I finally get around to it this morning and am completely stunned by what I'm reading. It is utterly inconceivable to me that you guys can watch that play, and conclude the MANAGER is the one at fault. Ramirez fucking DOGGED it completely. The fact that the runs might have scored anyway is entirely beside the point. Not only did he dog it, but he was a complete fuckstick when asked about it. I don't care how fucking good a guy is, you DON'T disrespect the manger. And I don't care how fucking good a guy is, the manager HAS to take him out after a play like that. Otherwise he has no credibility.

Life is so much better when I agree with you completely.

And one more thing about Bobby Cox....he pulled Andruw Jones off the field in the middle of an inning and then berated him on the bench in front of the cameras and the world. I have no doubt that that came up with the media after the game.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's exactly what I was referring to, but Cox never turned the moment into a reality TV scandal like Gonzalez did. This is all about covering his ass. There are ways to handle things, and this wasn't the best way to do so. Again, Gonzalez will pay the most for this over his career, not Ramirez.