Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grabow
You can blame Hendry for the years and money, but this is just so beyond anything even the biggest Grabow/Hendry haters could've predicted. You really have to wonder if he's hurt or something. While he pitched over his head the last 2 years, he's at least been decent, and even the haters of the deal had to think he could provide us a 4.50 ERA at worst. He's just awful right now.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=99188:date=May 30 2010, 04:18 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ May 30 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You can blame Hendry for the years and money, but this is just so beyond anything even the biggest Grabow/Hendry haters could've predicted. You really have to wonder if he's hurt or something. While he pitched over his head the last 2 years, he's at least been decent, and even the haters of the deal had to think he could provide us a 4.50 ERA at worst. He's just awful right now.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

He MUST get sent down, traded, cut or at LEAST put on the DL. He flat-out can't pitch...at least not currently.
If the Cubs bump James Russell when Cashner comes up, and leave Grabow, I'm going to lose my shit.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=99193:date=May 30 2010, 06:53 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ May 30 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If the Cubs bump James Russell when Cashner comes up, and leave Grabow, I'm going to lose my shit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Don't be too surprised.
<!--quoteo(post=99195:date=May 30 2010, 08:14 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ May 30 2010, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99193:date=May 30 2010, 06:53 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ May 30 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If the Cubs bump James Russell when Cashner comes up, and leave Grabow, I'm going to lose my shit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Don't be too surprised.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oh I'm fully expecting to have my shit be lost.
<!--quoteo(post=99196:date=May 30 2010, 07:19 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ May 30 2010, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99195:date=May 30 2010, 08:14 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 30 2010, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99193:date=May 30 2010, 06:53 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ May 30 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If the Cubs bump James Russell when Cashner comes up, and leave Grabow, I'm going to lose my shit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Don't be too surprised.

Grabow has been pure shit, but you're dumb.

Sorry.

On account o' calling you dumb.
<!--quoteo(post=99188:date=May 30 2010, 04:18 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ May 30 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You can blame Hendry for the years and money, but this is just so beyond anything even the biggest Grabow/Hendry haters could've predicted. You really have to wonder if he's hurt or something. While he pitched over his head the last 2 years, he's at least been decent, and even the haters of the deal had to think he could provide us a 4.50 ERA at worst. He's just awful right now.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So you're saying it's like Hendry played the Lotto and lost?
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=99200:date=May 30 2010, 09:23 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 30 2010, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99188:date=May 30 2010, 04:18 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 30 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You can blame Hendry for the years and money, but this is just so beyond anything even the biggest Grabow/Hendry haters could've predicted. You really have to wonder if he's hurt or something. While he pitched over his head the last 2 years, he's at least been decent, and even the haters of the deal had to think he could provide us a 4.50 ERA at worst. He's just awful right now.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, and he paid $20 for a ticket where the most he could win was $50.
<!--quoteo(post=99196:date=May 31 2010, 10:19 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ May 31 2010, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99195:date=May 30 2010, 08:14 PM:name=funkster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funkster @ May 30 2010, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99193:date=May 30 2010, 06:53 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ May 30 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If the Cubs bump James Russell when Cashner comes up, and leave Grabow, I'm going to lose my shit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Don't be too surprised.

I'll grab the colostomy bag
<!--quoteo(post=99200:date=May 30 2010, 08:23 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ May 30 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99188:date=May 30 2010, 04:18 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ May 30 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You can blame Hendry for the years and money, but this is just so beyond anything even the biggest Grabow/Hendry haters could've predicted. You really have to wonder if he's hurt or something. While he pitched over his head the last 2 years, he's at least been decent, and even the haters of the deal had to think he could provide us a 4.50 ERA at worst. He's just awful right now.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, that's pretty much the opposite of what he was saying. He is saying Hendry overpaid for something that was pretty consistently average. It's like putting all of your money into a stock that averages a 2% return, and having it suddenly go down 30 percent.

You could argue relying on Guzman was like playing the lottery, as he could have had a huge return, but Grabow should have been, at worst, overpaying for mediocrity.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
Silva was a lottery ticket. Grabow was a McDonald's gift certificate.
<!--quoteo(post=99214:date=May 30 2010, 09:51 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ May 30 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Silva was a lottery ticket. Grabow was a McDonald's gift certificate.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Silva was like a lottery ticket, and Grabow was more like, "Hey, where's that 10 spot that was in my pcoket? WTF?!?"

Seriously, Grabow isn't fooling anyone. His stuff is flat, his location is only good for batting practice. He's clearly NOT capable of pitching to MLB hitters now, as his ranking as the 2nd worst reliever in the N.L. would indicate. He needs to be put on the DL with an "injury," optioned to AAA, or given Patton's role of exteme mop-up duty. He's unable to get anyone out, certainly not before surrendering runs. He's hurting the team and needs to be shut down for a while in some fashion to let him get his head and his pitches in correct working order. He's not helping the club or himself by continuing to go out to the mound and get rocked almost every single time he throws live pitches. This is on Lou and JH, not Grabow. He doesn't decide when he goes to the mound.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein
<!--quoteo(post=99217:date=May 30 2010, 11:07 PM:name=mindbodyspirit)-->QUOTE (mindbodyspirit @ May 30 2010, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99214:date=May 30 2010, 09:51 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ May 30 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Silva was a lottery ticket. Grabow was a McDonald's gift certificate.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Silva was like a lottery ticket, and Grabow was more like, "Hey, where's that 10 spot that was in my pcoket? WTF?!?"

Seriously, Grabow isn't fooling anyone. His stuff is flat, his location is only good for batting practice. He's clearly NOT capable of pitching to MLB hitters now, as his ranking as the 2nd worst reliever in the N.L. would indicate. He needs to be put on the DL with an "injury," optioned to AAA, or given Patton's role of exteme mop-up duty. He's unable to get anyone out, certainly not before surrendering runs. He's hurting the team and needs to be shut down for a while in some fashion to let him get his head and his pitches in correct working order. He's not helping the club or himself by continuing to go out to the mound and get rocked almost every single time he throws live pitches. This is on Lou and JH, not Grabow. He doesn't decide when he goes to the mound.

So, I'm curious...does anyone here disagree with this?
Grabow would probably clear waivers at this point, wouldn't he, if we sent him down to work on some things (like not sucking at life)? If not, he can just go fuck himself indefinitely.
<!--quoteo(post=99193:date=May 30 2010, 05:53 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ May 30 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If the Cubs bump James Russell when Cashner comes up, and leave Grabow, I'm going to lose my shit.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

on that note:
[url=http://"%20<a%20href=]http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news...d=5234046"[/url]" target="_blank"> http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/ne...id=5234046</a>

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Piniella still plans to have a balanced bullpen, saying he'll go with three right-handers, three left-handers and then closer Carlos Marmol at the end. Unless someone is traded or goes on the disabled list, that type of setup would project lefty James Russell going to Triple-A when Cashner joins the Cubs.

The rotation in Pittsburgh is set with Randy Wells going on Monday, Ted Lilly on Tuesday and Zambrano on Wednesday. Wells will pitch on two days rest after throwing only 16 pitches in Friday's 7-1 loss to the St. Louis Cardinals. He allowed five runs on hits to the first six batters.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
because balance is always important! regardless of the fact that your go to lefty cant get left or right handed batter out...