Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Draft
<!--quoteo(post=100286:date=Jun 7 2010, 08:55 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 7 2010, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100283:date=Jun 7 2010, 07:52 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Jun 7 2010, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Butch
Go ahead and say it, He wont make it past AA<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I won't risk that. BT will dig this thread up in four years after Simpson breaks into our bullpen.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Nice
Red Sox take Vitek.
Hey, when you have a chance to take the ace of the Southern Arkansas Muleriders' staff, you better believe you jump all over that.

Although he was wrecked by the Delta State Statesmen.
Wondered over to NSBB to see their take and found this gem.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Maybe the Cubs will draft Golden Tate in the 5th round.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=100293:date=Jun 7 2010, 08:03 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jun 7 2010, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Wondered over to NSBB to see their take and found this gem.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->Maybe the Cubs will draft Golden Tate in the 5th round.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That was pretty funny.
It's clear the guys doing the show know nothing about Simpson. They've even called him a lefty several times.

[Image: simpson-delivers.jpg]
Does Wilken not understand that there is a 2nd round? Why in the hell take a guy that will certainly be there later?

From Keith Law, ESPN's Mel Kiper-type MLB draft guy:
-My phone is blowing up with texts like "are you kidding?" re Cubs
-Reactions I'm getting from other scouting directors to Cubs pick: "Not a priority guy for us" ... "Not in our top 200" ... "Rounds 4-5"

It's so pleasurable to be a Cub's fan.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
The Cubs would not have taken this kid now if they thought there was a chance he'd be around later. They don't pick again until 65, so obviously he was flying up the boards.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
You can see some video of him here.
I love it when people complain that a guy was taken "too early" like they know for certain when he would be taken by others.

Its like when Titans fans were complaining that they only got a 4th round pick for LenDale White when they "could have gotten more"
He was released soon after.
I'll put my faith in Wilken. Our system has improved dramatically under him and this is a weak draft after the top 3 picks.
<!--quoteo(post=100304:date=Jun 7 2010, 08:20 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jun 7 2010, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'll put my faith in Wilken. Our system has improved dramatically under him and this is a weak draft after the top 3 picks.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's a weak draft, but that means that instead of it being a 9 on a 1-10 scale, it's a 6 or 7 or whatever. It doesn't mean there weren't excellent prospect at #16.
There were.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=100286:date=Jun 7 2010, 07:55 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 7 2010, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100283:date=Jun 7 2010, 07:52 PM:name=Coach)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coach @ Jun 7 2010, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Butch
Go ahead and say it, He wont make it past AA<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I won't risk that. BT will dig this thread up in four years after Simpson breaks into our bullpen.

would that be so bad?
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=100311:date=Jun 7 2010, 08:38 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jun 7 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=100304:date=Jun 7 2010, 08:20 PM:name=Coldneck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jun 7 2010, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'll put my faith in Wilken. Our system has improved dramatically under him and this is a weak draft after the top 3 picks.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's a weak draft, but that means that instead of it being a 9 on a 1-10 scale, it's a 6 or 7 or whatever. It doesn't mean there weren't excellent prospect at #16.
There were.

Again, I will go out on a limb, and guess that Wilken understands the mechanics of the draft better than you do KB.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=100273:date=Jun 7 2010, 07:41 PM:name=Dingo)-->QUOTE (Dingo @ Jun 7 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Simpson was rated #191 overall by Baseball America. Very Puzzling pick.

Hope we won't regret not taking Sale.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And I hope we don't regret not taking Bryce Harper.

Sale went 3 picks in front of the Cubs selection.