Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 June Cubs @ Pirates
It's really, really hard to take this team sometimes. It's neither healthy nor natural to want to cry while watching an early June baseball game.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Giving up runs in the late innings to a bad team. Haven't I seen this movie before?

Forgot to add the part about the inability to score runs off mediocre pitching.
<!--quoteo(post=99393:date=Jun 1 2010, 09:21 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jun 1 2010, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's really, really hard to take this team sometimes. It's neither healthy nor natural to want to cry while watching an early June baseball game.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The only player I kind of like is Silva (and I know you've said somethng similar as to how fucking pitiful that is).
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
It's just one more year of sucking. I really need to convince my son to have a backup team (not in the NL and not the White Sox, but he needs to have a team that might bring him joy).
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher
I think I'm going to try to get him to root for the Yankees. It won't work, but at least I will have done my ministerial duty.

Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=99393:date=Jun 1 2010, 09:21 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jun 1 2010, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's really, really hard to take this team sometimes. It's neither healthy nor natural to want to cry while watching an early June baseball game.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I honestly had such low expectations for this team that I can't get too emotional over two straight goddamn late-inning losses to the motherfucking Pittsburgh Pirates.
One dick can poke an eye out. A hundred dicks can move mountains.
--Veryzer

1-7. How can that even be explained?
Pittsburgh is what is killing our season. We're a game over .500 against the rest of MLB. If we were 7-1 against Pittsburgh (who are 15-30 against everyone but the Cubs) instead of 1-7, we'd be 30-23 and 1/2 game out of first.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
<!--quoteo(post=99402:date=Jun 1 2010, 08:39 PM:name=VanSlawAndCottoCheese)-->QUOTE (VanSlawAndCottoCheese @ Jun 1 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=99393:date=Jun 1 2010, 09:21 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jun 1 2010, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It's really, really hard to take this team sometimes. It's neither healthy nor natural to want to cry while watching an early June baseball game.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I honestly had such low expectations for this team that I can't get too emotional over two straight goddamn late-inning losses to the motherfucking Pittsburgh Pirates.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Honestly, it would be much easier for me to swallow if we had lost to the Rangers, Phillies and Dodgers, and blasted the Bucs into obscurity. Our ability to play up the level of our competition is truly impressive.
<!--quoteo(post=99408:date=Jun 1 2010, 08:46 PM:name=Kid)-->QUOTE (Kid @ Jun 1 2010, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Pittsburgh is what is killing our season. We're a game over .500 against the rest of MLB. If we were 7-1 against Pittsburgh (who are 15-30 against everyone but the Cubs) instead of 1-7, we'd be 30-23 and 1/2 game out of first.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I sort of knew that in my head, but seeing that in print is really painful.
Well we have dominated them the past few years....they finally want payback.