Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boardwalk Empire
This could be excellent if done right. I am a big fan of both Buscemi and Shannon, so seeing them both on screen together will be a treat. Scorsese is getting most of the publicity for directing the pilot, but he really isn't involved much. One of the Sopranos writers is also attached. I hadn't heard of this until last night's True Blood season premiere. Here is the trailer.
<object width="480" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayeru.swf?vid=1100836"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Preview Trailer #3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayeru.swf?vid=1100836" FlashVars="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Preview Trailer #3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="340"></embed></object>
<a title="Preview Trailer #3" href="http://www.hbo.com/global-video/video.html?view=grid&vid=1100836&autoplay=true">Preview Trailer #3</a>

http://www.getthebigpicture.net/
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Martin Scorsese directed the pilot for HBO's Boardwalk Empire, a five-episode mini-series coming to the cable titan this fall. As you might suspect, given that it has Scorsese and Sopranos writer Terence Winter involved, Boardwalk Empire is a gangster story. Steve Buscemi plays Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, a fictionalized version of former political boss "Nucky" Johnson, who was eventually convicted of tax evasion in the early 1940s, but during Prohibition, he wielded great political power through controlling bootlegging, gambling, and prostitution.

The series also stars Michael Shannon, Gretchen Mol, Dabney Coleman, Michael K. Williams, Kelly Macdonald, Michael Stuhlbarg, and Michael Pitt<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
i also saw this on true blood last night and commented to my wife how much i like buscemi and shannon. i didn't know gretchen mol was in it. something about her gets me every time. kind of a bummer, though, i thought it was a new show, not just a 5 parter. should be good anyways.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=101302:date=Jun 14 2010, 03:33 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Jun 14 2010, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i also saw this on true blood last night and commented to my wife how much i like buscemi and shannon. i didn't know gretchen mol was in it. something about her gets me every time. kind of a bummer, though, i thought it was a new show, not just a 5 parter. should be good anyways.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, I like her a lot too. I'll always associate her most with her indie days in the 90s, mostly from a couple of Abel Ferrara films and in Rounders. I haven't seen her do much in the past few years though, unless I'm forgetting something.
she was on a show called life on mars for a season and i always watch her betty page movie when it's on cable
<!--quoteo(post=101317:date=Jun 14 2010, 04:17 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Jun 14 2010, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->she was on a show called life on mars for a season and i always watch her betty page movie when it's on cable<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I haven't seen that yet. Is it any good? Cable movies don't usually do anything for me, but since she is in it, I may have to reconsider.
So... five more episodes of the Sopranos, eh?
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=101323:date=Jun 14 2010, 04:27 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 14 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101317:date=Jun 14 2010, 04:17 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ Jun 14 2010, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->she was on a show called life on mars for a season and i always watch her betty page movie when it's on cable<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I haven't seen that yet. Is it any good? Cable movies don't usually do anything for me, but since she is in it, I may have to reconsider.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
it was actually one of those network shows that had a pretty good following but got axed halfway through the first season. they were able to shoot 3 episodes, i think, to tie the whole thing up though and i really liked the way the story arc wound up going considering what they were up against. michael imperioli and harvey keitel were also in it. i think it's worth checking out, it's just one season.
<!--quoteo(post=101326:date=Jun 14 2010, 04:38 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Jun 14 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101323:date=Jun 14 2010, 04:27 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 14 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101317:date=Jun 14 2010, 04:17 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ Jun 14 2010, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->she was on a show called life on mars for a season and i always watch her betty page movie when it's on cable<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
it was actually one of those network shows that had a pretty good following but got axed halfway through the first season. they were able to shoot 3 episodes, i think, to tie the whole thing up though and i really liked the way the story arc wound up going considering what they were up against. michael imperioli and harvey keitel were also in it. i think it's worth checking out, it's just one season.
Are you referring to the Bettie Page movie or Life on Mars?
I might just have to order a couple of months of HBO...
<!--quoteo(post=101328:date=Jun 14 2010, 04:53 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jun 14 2010, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101326:date=Jun 14 2010, 04:38 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ Jun 14 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101323:date=Jun 14 2010, 04:27 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 14 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101317:date=Jun 14 2010, 04:17 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ Jun 14 2010, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->she was on a show called life on mars for a season and i always watch her betty page movie when it's on cable<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
my bad, i saw cable "shows" where you wrote cable "movies" and i wouldn't even say the movie's that great, just that she's bettie page so she's naked a lot.
<!--quoteo(post=101353:date=Jun 14 2010, 07:47 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Jun 14 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101328:date=Jun 14 2010, 04:53 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 14 2010, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101326:date=Jun 14 2010, 04:38 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ Jun 14 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101323:date=Jun 14 2010, 04:27 PM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Jun 14 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=101317:date=Jun 14 2010, 04:17 PM:name=liner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (liner @ Jun 14 2010, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->she was on a show called life on mars for a season and i always watch her betty page movie when it's on cable<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
my bad, i saw cable "shows" where you wrote cable "movies" and i wouldn't even say the movie's that great, just that she's bettie page so she's naked a lot.
Ah, gotcha. That's good enough for me. I will check it out next time it's on.
Loved every minute of this show...watched it three times. I had no idea that it was intended to be loosely factual.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=114823:date=Sep 22 2010, 03:05 PM:name=bz)-->QUOTE (bz @ Sep 22 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Loved every minute of this show...watched it three times. I had no idea that it was intended to be loosely factual.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah. It was amazing. I got a HBO preview (presumably to get me hooked on this show and want to order it). It may have worked...
You don't have HBO? HBO is the only premium channel really worth having.
<!--quoteo(post=114841:date=Sep 22 2010, 04:19 PM:name=funkster)-->QUOTE (funkster @ Sep 22 2010, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->You don't have HBO? HBO is the only premium channel really worth having.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't. I've been waiting for the shows that I want to watch to hit DVD. Sometimes it's a painfully long wait...