Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about Brenly?
How he's able to continue working with Hawk Harrelson on a daily basis without shoving ice picks into his ears is mind-boggling to me.
<!--quoteo(post=102352:date=Jun 21 2010, 10:52 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 21 2010, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How he's able to continue working with Hawk Harrelson on a daily basis without shoving ice picks into his ears is mind-boggling to me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think deep down he just thinks the guy's a loon. There's a lot of times Hawk will say his usual dumb stuff and Stone just is silent for a bit. It's all about the $.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=102354:date=Jun 21 2010, 11:58 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jun 21 2010, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=102352:date=Jun 21 2010, 10:52 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 21 2010, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->How he's able to continue working with Hawk Harrelson on a daily basis without shoving ice picks into his ears is mind-boggling to me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think deep down he just thinks the guy's a loon. There's a lot of times Hawk will say his usual dumb stuff and Stone just is silent for a bit. It's all about the $.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The only thing Stone has done that hasn't completely irritated me is not joining Hawk's moronic home run call, or affecting a fake Southern accent to sound more like Hawk (like DJ did).
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Former Arizona Diamondback manager and current Cub color analyst Bob Brenly said after the incident, "It's good to see somebody show some emotion, because this has been a dead-ass team for the past three months. There have been plenty of opportunities for somebody to blow a cork."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
LINK

I don't agree with what Zambrano did, but I definitely agree with Brenly's sentiment. The more I get to know the guy, the more I think he could be a capable option for us.
"Last year, I was sort of a kid and I was a little scared, I ain't scared any more."
Quote:- Hank Aaron
its the first name that came to my mind, because I dont see many other candidates out there.

He also has won a championship and would do a better job than pinella at this point.. oh, and he is very familiar with the team..
I just posted this in the game thread...

Brenly's tearing into the team. This is good stuff. Basically saying they're a bunch of guys only thinking about themselves and up there to pad their stats instead of trying to help win ballgames.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=104039:date=Jul 4 2010, 03:38 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Jul 4 2010, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I just posted this in the game thread...

Brenly's tearing into the team. This is good stuff. Basically saying they're a bunch of guys only thinking about themselves and up there to pad their stats instead of trying to help win ballgames.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yep, it was a great rant. I still think he's gonna get Stoned at this rate. He was talking about how in a blowout what you need is baserunners an in his day, in that circumstance you were expected to take pitches till you got a strike...not just go up there and hack.

This is a team that needs Jaramillo and Pinella EXPLICITLY telling them that...since they obviously have forgotten how the game should be played. They're not telling them...this is called disengagement.

Fuck Lou Piniella to hell.