Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fukubyebye?
<!--quoteo(post=102785:date=Jun 24 2010, 06:09 PM:name=Coach)-->QUOTE (Coach @ Jun 24 2010, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What about a Colvin sophomore slump?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

True. I still think Fuk suks.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Fuk isnt worth his contract, but he doesnt suck.
<!--quoteo(post=102778:date=Jun 24 2010, 04:35 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jun 24 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=102776:date=Jun 24 2010, 04:18 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jun 24 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Question: Who thinks Fukudome will be a better player than Colvin next year?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Me.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
x2
I am not sure why people are down on Colvin? Seriously? Is it because of his minor league numbers? They guy other than Byrd has arguably been our most productive player with half of the at bats. He at least needs the chance to prove he sucks.
<!--quoteo(post=102823:date=Jun 24 2010, 08:24 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Jun 24 2010, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I am not sure why people are down on Colvin? Seriously? <b>Is it because of his minor league numbers?</b> They guy other than Byrd has arguably been our most productive player with half of the at bats. He at least needs the chance to prove he sucks.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's my guess, and like I keep saying, he's not that same player. What were the main 2 issues people had with Colvin before? Lack of power and patience. Again, he put on a ton of muscle in the offseason, so the power improvement should've been expected. In Spring Training, before he was even dominating, people were talking about the noticeable power improvements. And <i>so far</i>, he's been way more patient than years past.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=102823:date=Jun 24 2010, 09:24 PM:name=stevestonescigar)-->QUOTE (stevestonescigar @ Jun 24 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I am not sure why people are down on Colvin? Seriously? Is it because of his minor league numbers? They guy other than Byrd has arguably been our most productive player with half of the at bats. He at least needs the chance to prove he sucks.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sample size is my problem.
Well, I've seen enough of Fuk to know that he blows for 4 months every season and is great for 2. No small sample size there. He does nothing for this team on the bench just collecting his paycheck, and probably hurts us more than he helps us when he plays every day (in aggregate). If we are going to pay him one way or another, better to pay him to play somewhere else while we figure out if Colvin factors in this team's future. It's a bit late in the game to start worrying about how much it might cost us to cut our losses on certain players when many of them won't factor into our present or our future.