Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some good news
Cards lose by giving up 9 runs in the bottom of the 9th
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Cubs win a series!

Cubs win a series!

Aram homers twice!

Fuku homers!

Cubs actually drive in runs.

Only 10.5 games back. They're making their run now. If the Cubs don't lose another game for the remainder of the month and most of August, they could get back in this thing. Yup that's pretty much what it would take.

At least they won a series and back to back games for the first time in a few weeks.
<!--quoteo(post=104247:date=Jul 7 2010, 02:27 AM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jul 7 2010, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Cards lose by giving up 9 runs in the bottom of the 9th<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They're going to own that record for a while, the fucks.

Amusing to listen to the ESPN guy call it the biggest bottom of the ninth comeback in Rockies' history.
It is the Dbacks...but I still felt good watching that game last night. Watched every pitch and was way hammered by the end, just felt good seeing a decent game played...but I try to temper the enthusiasm. Nice to see Aram going yard and D Lee having a couple good at bats. Been a minute. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/specialed.gif[/img]
Dylan McKay is my hero
A few of the Cardinals fans I know already think they are done. I am not sure about that but it is fun to see some of their fans in panic mode.
When was the last time we swept a series? Brewers?
And the Cardinals blew another one.
There may still be some hope left for this season, as long as the Cards continue their descent toward mediocrity, baseball will be interesting to me.
Bite your tongue.

It's great that Aram remembered how to hit and it would have been great a month ago but it's a bit late for this team
<!--quoteo(post=104467:date=Jul 8 2010, 04:59 AM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Jul 8 2010, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bite your tongue.

It's great that Aram remembered how to hit and it would have been great a month ago but it's a bit late for this team<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I didn't mean hope for us, not even close, but hope that there is still justice in baseball if the Cards implode. It gives me something to follow. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Cubs.
Cards getting dumped twice in the 9th made my week.
#17 Mark Grace for the HOF

Jake peavy is most likely out for the year. That's good news too.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=104494:date=Jul 8 2010, 10:48 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 8 2010, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jake peavy is most likely out for the year. That's good news too.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Especially considering that we dodged a massive bullet, a nuclear missile even, by not trading for him a few offseasons ago.

That said, I'm keeping mum on the Sox at the moment, because they keep on winning even with injuries popping up. Something has to give with them eventually, but I don't wanna jinx it.
<!--quoteo(post=104467:date=Jul 8 2010, 04:59 AM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Jul 8 2010, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Bite your tongue.

It's great that Aram remembered how to hit and it would have been great a month ago but it's a bit late for this team<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You had to have known it was going to happen. What a pain in the balls he is.

Cardinals struggling...Aram hitting...Dusty coached team in first...

Hmmm...

I hate my pretentious sounding username too.