Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some good news
Will the Cards every win again?

Rockies beat the Cards again today.
Knowing that Dusty and the Reds are gonna win the division doesn't really make me feel all that much better about how this season is going.

The fact the White Sox have won 21 of 26 is making me sick to my stomach. Now I hear they're entering the Cliff Lee sweepstakes.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=104755:date=Jul 9 2010, 06:46 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 9 2010, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Knowing that Dusty and the Reds are gonna win the division doesn't really make me feel all that much better about how this season is going.

The fact the White Sox have won 21 of 26 is making me sick to my stomach. Now I hear they're entering the Cliff Lee sweepstakes.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sounds as though the Yanks beat them to him. I was kinda hoping the Twins or Tigers would pick him up though.

And yes, the Sox constant winning has become unbearable.
It could be wishful thinking, but it seems like there is a little smoke and mirrors behind the Sox recent success. They just don't seem that good to me.
<!--quoteo(post=104809:date=Jul 9 2010, 12:08 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 9 2010, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->It could be wishful thinking, but it seems like there is a little smoke and mirrors behind the Sox recent success. They just don't seem that good to me.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That's what my gut tells me because half of their everyday lineup continues to slump, but they've been scoring runs pretty consistently (still mostly via HR) lately and beating good teams. That said, the minute their pitching starts to falter (ie Garcia, Buehrle and possibly Floyd), they could stumble badly. They are lucky to be in a division that is almost as shitty as ours.
be careful...you may become what you despise.
This is really getting aggravating.
<!--quoteo(post=104964:date=Jul 10 2010, 08:11 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 10 2010, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This is really getting aggravating.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I've already accepted it. They are going to win that division, maybe more. They look more and more like a team of destiny.

If we don't make necessary changes before the deadline, I probably will shun baseball for the rest of the season.
What's frustrating is that, on paper, their team is much, much worse than ours at the start of the season. I don't fucking get it.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
This season continues to be a dry, hot fuck up the asshole.
<!--quoteo(post=104995:date=Jul 11 2010, 03:57 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 11 2010, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This season continues to be a dry, hot fuck up the asshole.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Isn't that the way you like it?
<!--quoteo(post=105000:date=Jul 11 2010, 03:44 PM:name=1060Ivy)-->QUOTE (1060Ivy @ Jul 11 2010, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=104995:date=Jul 11 2010, 03:57 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 11 2010, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->This season continues to be a dry, hot fuck up the asshole.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Isn't that the way you like it?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Given the amount of times this team has fucked me in this manner, and the fact that I keep coming back for more, you'd assume so.
And the White Sox don't ever lose.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=105052:date=Jul 12 2010, 06:13 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 12 2010, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And the White Sox don't ever lose.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It is their year. 25-5 since early June. If they win the whole thing again, I think I may be done with baseball.
<!--quoteo(post=105062:date=Jul 12 2010, 09:19 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jul 12 2010, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=105052:date=Jul 12 2010, 06:13 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 12 2010, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And the White Sox don't ever lose.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It is their year. 25-5 since early June. If they win the whole thing again, I think I may be done with baseball.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fat chance of that--you still watch 3-5 games per week. Face it--you're a lifer. I haven't watched an entire game in at least a month.

Anyone want my bleacher tickets for SOITOW? I'll sell them below face value.
I'm 100% fine with this. I'm just glad there's an actual plan in place that isn't, "Let's load up on retreads and hope we get lucky." I'm a little tired of that plan.

Butcher