Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendry to be back for 2011
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->CHICAGO -- Lou Piniella won't be back next season as the Chicago Cubs manager, but general manager Jim Hendry will return and lead the search for a new manager, team chairman Tom Ricketts said on Tuesday.

"Jim is our general manager full stock," Ricketts said. "He will be leading the effort to find our new manager for next year here and will be our general manager going into next year."<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/ne...id=5396318

Queue board melt down.
The thing you need to remember is that all Cardinals fans and all White Sox fans are very bad people. It's a fact that has been scientifically proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Being a Cubs fan is the only path to rightousness and piousness. Cardinal and White Sox fans exist to be the dark, diabolical forces that oppose us. They are the yin to our yang, the Joker to our Batman, the demon to our angel, the insurgence to our freedom, the oil to our water, the club to our baby seal. Their happiness occurs only in direct conflict with everything that is pure and good in this world.
-Dirk
Going into next year doesn't mean he'll be back necessarily. He could be gone in January.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Big fat strike one for Ricketts. Was this really Ricketts's vision when he bought the Cubs for all that money?

"Whatever has happened since 2002 -- let's have more of that."

Maybe he's just a businessman at heart and he's seen the spike in attendance and revenue and that's all that matters.

Whatever the case, I'm more than a little disappointed.
*sigh*
I don't know what I think of this. I guess I'm disappointed, but I don't see it as the end of the world. Hopefully Rickett's leadership can instill some discipline with NTCs and exorbitant salaries.
<!--quoteo(post=106610:date=Jul 20 2010, 04:33 PM:name=Giff)-->QUOTE (Giff @ Jul 20 2010, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->CHICAGO --
"Jim is our general manager full stock," Ricketts said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That doesn't sound good at all.
<!--sizeo:7--><!--/sizeo--><b>NO !!!!!!!!!!</b><!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/finger.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/furious.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/guns.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/hang.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/jawdrop.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/jerkit.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/puke.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/shakehead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/brickwall.gif[/img]
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
Poor decision.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
Maybe it's a good thing. I need another hobby...this one is too depressing.

OTOH, like Charlie Brown wanting to kick the football, I'm still foolish enough to look for the silver lining...Ricketts did seem to couch his "endorsement" of Jim in some mighty weird language.
Maybe that's a good sign.

Then again, who am I kidding?
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
So Lou's under the bus (yes, he's Lou again) and Hendry is held harmless? I don't get it.
I expected this.
It's not the decision I would have made but it's not a terrible decision either.
This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
So far we got BP and Toyota and Kraft, a better view of the Loop and shitty plate music.
<!--quoteo(post=106626:date=Jul 20 2010, 06:58 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jul 20 2010, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Maybe it's a good thing. I need another hobby...this one is too depressing.

OTOH, like Charlie Brown wanting to kick the football, I'm still foolish enough to look for the silver lining...Ricketts did seem to couch his "endorsement" of Jim in some mighty weird language.
Maybe that's a good sign.

Then again, who am I kidding?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He did word it very weird, and Ricketts is no dummy. I'm not entirely convinced Hendry will be back next year.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/4417
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Posted by Bruce on Tue, 07/20/2010 - 17:08

We’ve got all kinds of interviews to sift through, but for now, you know that Lou is retiring at the end of the season. The bigger issue, and I put it to Tom Ricketts directly, is the future of Jim Hendry. Tom was as direct in return, saying that Jim would lead the charge for new manager of the Cubs and would be the GM going into 2011. A<b>ll indications were pointing that way, what with Ricketts being very pleased with Hendry hires Tim Wilken and Oneri Fleita, who have worked with the scouts to rebuild the minor-league system.</b>

Bob Brenly no doubt will be a candidate, but he played it cool.

“If and when the times comes, it will be handled the right way, and not through the media,” Bob said in the dugout a few minutes ago when asked about his possible candidacy.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->