Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DLee
Any chance he gets dealt this week? He's on the last year of his contract. With the Cubs looking to cut payroll for next year.... is he available for trade? I know he has a NTC plus 10-and-5 rights, so the trade would have to make sense to him. So if a West Coast team were in on the trade, it may work.
I got nothin'.

Andy
The Angels seem to be the only team that is a good fit. I think we are stuck with him though.
Who would even want him at this point?
Wow...not sure there's any soul in evidence here.
If we could get good prospects for him, I'd be fine with it but otherwise...why not just let the guy spend the rest of this season with teammates and see what kind of deal he can get for next season. In some respects renting him out for the rest of the year is kind of douchey unless we gain by it and/or he has a chance to hook on to a real contender and then I say more power to him if it gets him a ring.
<!--quoteo(post=107979:date=Jul 26 2010, 01:01 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Jul 26 2010, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If we could get good prospects for him, I'd be fine with it but otherwise...why not just let the guy spend the rest of this season with teammates and see what kind of deal he can get for next season. In some respects renting him out for the rest of the year is kind of douchey unless we gain by it and/or he has a chance to hook on to a real contender and then I say more power to him if it gets him a ring.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He got his ring. At our expense.
<!--quoteo(post=107981:date=Jul 26 2010, 01:03 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 26 2010, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=107979:date=Jul 26 2010, 01:01 PM:name=jstraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jstraw @ Jul 26 2010, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If we could get good prospects for him, I'd be fine with it but otherwise...why not just let the guy spend the rest of this season with teammates and see what kind of deal he can get for next season. In some respects renting him out for the rest of the year is kind of douchey unless we gain by it and/or he has a chance to hook on to a real contender and then I say more power to him if it gets him a ring.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
He got his ring. At our expense.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Ok. Point.
All I care about is how trading Lee impacts the Cubs' future. If it doesn't in any meaningful way, then offer him arbitration, and if he declines just let him walk at the end of the year. We aren't getting anything useful for him now anyway.
We could talk about whether or not the Cubs "owe him" again.
<!--quoteo(post=107988:date=Jul 26 2010, 01:08 PM:name=jstraw)-->QUOTE (jstraw @ Jul 26 2010, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->We could talk about whether or not the Cubs "owe him" again.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We don't specifically owe him...I just need to know the forward plan.

I don't think he's done, but I'm down with getting someone younger...better.

Has to make us better for next year...
He is my favorite on the team and has been since he came over from Florida. He has certainly stepped it up the last 10 days or so, but the end is near. I am hearing whispers that the Angels are interested, but definitely it has to make sense. I would like to see him ride out the rest of the year and finish strong then say good bye. But, if the Angels put something out there you have to do it. Unfortunately I just can't see them offering that much to help the future for him. So, he probably is a Cub the rest of the year, which I am fine with.
Dylan McKay is my hero
The Rangers are rumored to be interested
<!--quoteo(post=107993:date=Jul 26 2010, 01:27 PM:name=ColoradoCub)-->QUOTE (ColoradoCub @ Jul 26 2010, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Rangers are rumored to be interested<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
They probably are, but Cantu is likely their first choice. Let's hope the Marlins are asking for too much.
Lee has been my favorite player for some time now, but he seems done to me. Even his defense has slipped. And 11 home runs coming up on August isn't gonna cut it.
Wang.
I need to check.

Regardless of what happens now...do any of you think he's a Cub next season?