Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leadoff
Why in the hell is Colvin batting leadoff? The guy swings like a 4-5-6 hitter (strikes out like one too) and yet every day he's being trotted out to start the game. He's young and still has a massive hole in his swing with little plate discipline. Why put a guy whose OBP is .318 as your leadoff hitter? There has got to be better options.

Don't get me wrong, I love a leadoff home run as much as the next guy, but when he strikes out the next 3 at bats, that 1 run isn't going to help all that much.
I got nothin'.

Andy
The problem is if not him, then who? The only answer I have is Castro or Byrd. I think Castro could be a fine #1 hitter, nothing great but the kid is swinging a hell of a hot bat and has speed. Byrd I would just rather have in the middle of the lineup. If you move Colvin out of the 1 sport, the only answer I have that I like is Castro. You could go something like"

Castro
Byrd
Lee
Ramirez
Colvin
Soriano
Soto
Theriot/Fontenot/Baker

??? Maybe.
Dylan McKay is my hero
I agree....but I'm not sure who else to put up there. I do like the fact that he's getting more at bats too.
Yea, this gives him more at bats. I'm fine with it. It's not like him leading off is the reason our team sucks.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
<!--quoteo(post=108015:date=Jul 26 2010, 12:59 PM:name=willis)-->QUOTE (willis @ Jul 26 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The problem is if not him, then who? The only answer I have is Castro or Byrd. I think Castro could be a fine #1 hitter, nothing great but the kid is swinging a hell of a hot bat and has speed. Byrd I would just rather have in the middle of the lineup. If you move Colvin out of the 1 sport, the only answer I have that I like is Castro. You could go something like"

Castro
Byrd
Lee
Ramirez
Colvin
Soriano
Soto
Theriot/Fontenot/Baker

??? Maybe.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's similar to what I use in my 2K10 franchise, except I have Soto and Soriano swapped.
Byrd's the word. Colvin is not ideal.
Castro
Soto
Byrd
Ramirez
Colvin
Soriano
Lee
Theriot
I'd probably care if we were in the race.
<!--quoteo(post=108027:date=Jul 26 2010, 02:07 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 26 2010, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd probably care if we were in the race.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Bingo. At this point, I want him and Castro getting as many atbats as possible....although I'd probably switch them.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=108023:date=Jul 26 2010, 02:05 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jul 26 2010, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Byrd's the word. Colvin is not ideal.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Colvin is NOT Ideal. Colvin is Tyco.
<!--quoteo(post=108030:date=Jul 26 2010, 02:09 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 26 2010, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=108027:date=Jul 26 2010, 02:07 PM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Jul 26 2010, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I'd probably care if we were in the race.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Bingo. At this point, I want him and Castro getting as many atbats as possible....although I'd probably switch them.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Flip flopping them could be a good idea, that way Byrd can stay in the middle. I just hate not having a .300+ with a little bit of pop not in the 3-5 spots.
Dylan McKay is my hero
<!--quoteo(post=108014:date=Jul 26 2010, 02:56 PM:name=Andy)-->QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 26 2010, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Why in the hell is Colvin batting leadoff? The guy swings like a 4-5-6 hitter (strikes out like one too) and yet every day he's being trotted out to start the game. He's young and still has a massive hole in his swing with little plate discipline. Why put a guy whose OBP is .318 as your leadoff hitter? There has got to be better options.

Don't get me wrong, I love a leadoff home run as much as the next guy, but when he strikes out the next 3 at bats, that 1 run isn't going to help all that much.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Only Cub fans can be 9 games out and give a shit about who is leading off.

I think we're getting at bats for the young guys, which I applaud Lou for, since he won't be around next year anyway to reap the benefits. Oh, and the offense has been producing with this lineup the last few days.
If we didn't care about getting young guys at bats, it should be Soto, and it's a big bucket of DUH.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=108115:date=Jul 27 2010, 06:21 AM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 27 2010, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If we didn't care about getting young guys at bats, it should be Soto, and it's a big bucket of DUH.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Tru dat.

1. Castro
2. Soto
3. Colvin
4. Byrd
5. Soriano
6. Ramirez
7. Lee
8. Theriot
9. Pitcher
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=108116:date=Jul 27 2010, 07:25 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jul 27 2010, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=108115:date=Jul 27 2010, 06:21 AM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jul 27 2010, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->If we didn't care about getting young guys at bats, it should be Soto, and it's a big bucket of DUH.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Tru dat.

1. Castro
2. Soto
3. Colvin
4. Byrd
5. Soriano
6. Ramirez
7. Lee
8. Theriot
9. Pitcher
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You are clearly more qualified to manage the Cubs than Lou.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.