Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leadoff
The way Aramis is hitting lately, I'm fine with him batting cleanup. Lee, however, should be probably batting 6th or 7th with Byrd and Soriano ahead of him. And in a perfect world with a true leadoff hitter, Castro would be an ideal #2. As things stand right now, I'd like to see him leadoff because Colvin just isn't going to be on base nearly enough, and he will end up hitting way too many solo HR from that spot. He is essentially the LH version of Soriano.
I wouldn't argue with Lee at 6 but that's probably as far as I would move hiim. He has actually been hitting alright lately and has had a few big hits here and there. Saying that, a .250 guy in the 3 hole is not ideal. But then again neither is a .260 guy in the 1 spot. If it's about getting the kids at bats, then they may as well keep it like it is or flip flop it and just let it ride. Castro is flaming hot right now so you hate to mess with that, but the kid is a doubles machine with speed, he would be a great fit up top I would think.

To the Soto point...I can't think of the last catcher to leadoff or be a #2...maybe Jason Kendall with the Pirates many moons ago?
Dylan McKay is my hero