Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Arcade Fire album
From NPR
So far, it's nothing special. Maybe I'm just getting tired of their sound.
<!--quoteo(post=109424:date=Aug 3 2010, 10:59 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Aug 3 2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So far, it's nothing special. Maybe I'm just getting tired of their sound.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm finding it to be vastly overrated. What am I missing?
Wang.
i've only gotten about halfway through and so far only a couple meager splashes of excitement. hoping the second half is a bit better or maybe it's one of those that grow on you.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=109431:date=Aug 3 2010, 11:50 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 3 2010, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109424:date=Aug 3 2010, 10:59 AM:name=rok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rok @ Aug 3 2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So far, it's nothing special. Maybe I'm just getting tired of their sound.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm finding it to be vastly overrated. What am I missing?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Not sure. They've been indie media darlings from the likes of Spin and Pitchfork for years, and are still receiving high praise, for whatever reason. I was late to the game on their first 2 albums, though I liked them just fine at the time. They have some really solid songs, I'll admit. Maybe it's just me, but their music doesn't age well, and I haven't listened to any Arcade Fire for a couple of years now. I think I'm through with them.
i haven't seen them live in person, but the thing that really got me, aside from "wake up" from their first album, was seeing live stuff on tv. i've seen a few performances that blew me away and i promised to see them live if i ever got the chance. too bad i can't afford lollapalooza this year, but i think i'd rather see them somewhere like the chicago theater or aragon anyways.
I got my vinyl copy in yesterday. I've listened to it twice and I think it might grow on me. It's very stripped down compared to the 1st two but on the other hand, it's much more "albumy" as opposed to a collection of songs. Or, maybe I'm being overly optimistic because I have tickets to see them next week and I don't want it to suck.
It doesn't suck. It just hasn't wowed me yet.
I never buy cds anymore, but I went and bought this one today. Have not listened to it yet, but I can't wait. I love the first two albums, and I wish I could see them live.
I'm really enjoying it.
BTW, you can watch them live from Madison Square Garden Thursday, Aug. 5.

http://www.youtube.com/arcadefirevevo?utm_...ntent=Pre_Event
wish there was a way to record that, looks cool but i'll miss the first hour or so because of work.

today i listened to the second half of the album and i don't know if it was because i was able to listen more closely or what, but i liked it better than the first half. it feels like it might be best taken in as a whole, cohesive experience. if i ever get my fat ass up to go for a run soon, i look forward to listening to it with earphones on.
See, I actually liked the first half and part of the middle best. The last few songs seemed like filler to me.

This may require more time to for me to digest.
<!--quoteo(post=109689:date=Aug 4 2010, 11:00 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Aug 4 2010, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->See, I actually liked the first half and part of the middle best. The last few songs seemed like filler to me.

This may require more time to for me to digest.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I like the first third, and a couple of songs near the end. It actually loses me a little in the middle. Still digesting. I really love track #4, Rococo.
i was able to focus on the 2nd half more today than i was on the 1st yesterday but i remember liking the 2 parter towards the end. like i said, i'm excited for the time when i can actually sit down and listen straight through and i'm also looking forward to tomorrow night's show on the web, or at least what i'm able to catch of it. really wish i could make it to lolla.