Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Arcade Fire album
<!--quoteo(post=109779:date=Aug 4 2010, 03:46 PM:name=liner)-->QUOTE (liner @ Aug 4 2010, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->i was able to focus on the 2nd half more today than i was on the 1st yesterday but i remember liking the 2 parter towards the end. like i said, i'm excited for the time when i can actually sit down and listen straight through and i'm also looking forward to tomorrow night's show on the web, or at least what i'm able to catch of it. really wish i could make it to lolla.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They'll probably do a more extensive North American tour near the end of the year. Looks like they are disappearing to Europe for a while at the end of this month.
The A.V. Club likes it
<!--quoteo(post=109873:date=Aug 5 2010, 10:01 AM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 5 2010, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The A.V. Club likes it<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Everyone likes it. I haven't seen a review with less that 4 stars. I don't get it. I just don't think it's special.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=109895:date=Aug 5 2010, 09:44 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 5 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109873:date=Aug 5 2010, 10:01 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 5 2010, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The A.V. Club likes it<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Everyone likes it. I haven't seen a review with less that 4 stars. I don't get it. I just don't think it's special.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh I just read one that ripped it to shreds. Granted it wasn't some big-time publication. But the writer hates it with a passion.
still haven't been able to listen closely too much but it's definitely growing on me. i kinda love the 80's song at the end that the wife (?) sings.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
<!--quoteo(post=109895:date=Aug 5 2010, 11:44 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 5 2010, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109873:date=Aug 5 2010, 10:01 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 5 2010, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The A.V. Club likes it<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

its called hype my friend. it's a beautiful thing when it's on your side
<!--quoteo(post=109911:date=Aug 5 2010, 10:22 AM:name=phan)-->QUOTE (phan @ Aug 5 2010, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109895:date=Aug 5 2010, 11:44 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 5 2010, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109873:date=Aug 5 2010, 10:01 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 5 2010, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The A.V. Club likes it<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

its called hype my friend. it's a beautiful thing when it's on your side

And hype has definitely been on their side since they broke. I remember when they played the Vegoose Music Festival here in Vegas when Funeral was out. Everybody was talking about them as a must-see. I only knew the couple of songs I heard on XM radio. I think a lot of it has to do with their reputation as an amazing live band.
<!--quoteo(post=109895:date=Aug 5 2010, 11:44 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Aug 5 2010, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=109873:date=Aug 5 2010, 10:01 AM:name=Butcher)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Butcher @ Aug 5 2010, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The A.V. Club likes it<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's where I am on this. It isn't a bad album, but it hasn't blown me away either. None of the songs blew me away or stuck in my head. The last MGMT album was similar. It was a departure from the previous one, with a few decent songs and was supposed to be considered a cohesive work not just a collection of singles. I just sort of forgot about it a few weeks after it came out.
Well, I like it.
Going to have to check this out. I really liked Funeral, but Neon Bible never clicked with me.
i think i like it better than neon bible, but i liked funeral better than that
"We Used to Wait" is my favorite track so far. I like "Modern Man" quite a bit, too.
Did anybody check out the live webcast of Madison Square Garden tonight? I went and met a friend who I haven't seen in a long time, so I missed it.
i caught the last song and encore, though my computer sucks so i could really only listen. whenever i had it on the screen too long it crashed. it was awesome though, i didn't realize terry gilliam was directing it plus they had a thing where you could switch camera angles. they finished with "keep the car running" and came back quickly for an encore. the drum machine fucked up during "the sprawl", 80's type song that i like and he just stopped it right in the middle and told people what a beautiful moment in live music they were experiencing and would always remember, then they closed with an awesome version of "wake up" . wish i could've seen/heard more but thanks for the heads up.
I was 5 feet away from Richard Parry from Arcade Fire on Saturday night. He played with the National, which he does on occasion, and he seemed to have a blast doing it.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.