Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm System
Myrtle Beach has got a fun team this year, lot of big bats (PCA is absolutely killing it) and yesterday they threw a combined no hitter.
Bryce Ball, from the Joc Pederson trade, is absolutely mashing. Would be nice to have a real power bat at 1st...
Or at DH. I kinda like Rivas at 1B.
Either combo, as long as its not Schwindel.
Well, Davis out for the year with back surgery. That....sucks.
Fucking hell, that does suck.
In less sad news, Rizzo return Alcantara with two HRS, a triple, and single yesterday for MB. That team just flat out rakes. Really hoping this guy turns out to be a star, Cubs farm bats really killing it after a slow season start.
https://twitter.com/mlbpipeline/status/1...rP9UOTczAQ

Can they promise PCA is not Brett Jackson 2.0?
Draft day today! Cubs in a strong position at 7 as this class is deeeep. All signs are pointing to Cam Collier as the Cubs pick if the Pirates don’t pick him at 4. He is the youngest and a massive sleeper pick. Keith Law has as the second best pick after Druw Jones. Brooks Lee and the catcher Parada would be good safe picks.

I just hope the Cubs don’t go all tight ass and go underslot in the hopes of getting a diamond in the rough later.
lmao and typical fucking Cubs they take someone who projected to go in the mid teens despite having three of the top guys still on the board. I hope they prove me wrong, but it feels like such a Cubs draft thing to do.
I hope the Cub scouts prove me wrong as he has been terrible all year at NCAA except for the last couple of weeks where he has been lights out. It’s a pure dice roll underslot pick in the hopes of getting something good later. Just go with the best pick possible for fucks sake, especially when proven guys like the best college infielder in Brooks Lee and a stud catcher-hitter in Parada is available. To me this is Hayden Simpson version two.
How the fuck did we pass on Parada? I know you don’t draft based on need, but our system is devoid of catching talent, and holy shit are his numbers and scouting reports unbelievable. They had better be planning to woo several college-bound studs over the next few rounds, otherwise I’m dumbfounded.
Horton, who ranked 52nd in our draft rankings in the fall, had a breakout sophomore campaign (he's age-eligible) after returning from Tommy John, and he is arguably the best college pitcher in a draft that dealt with an unusual rate of attrition among that demographic. His slider took an especially huge leap and has become a plus offering in the mid-to-upper-80s, featuring two-plane wipe. Horton will also use a low-80s curveball with more vertical shape to both get ahead of hitters and finish them off. He also has nascent feel for changeup location, not often imparting bat-missing movement on the cambio but locating it in the right area. Considering how few reps Horton has had, that pitch (all his pitches, really) has an extra bit of projection. He very comfortably has the repertoire depth and command to start, it's just that he's only thrown 53 total innings in college and there is rightfully less confidence in Horton's durability than there would be had he been healthy and pitched two entire seasons looking like this. That risk is counterbalanced by the possibility that he's just scratching the surface in literally every other area.
there's this, so maybe i just dont know shit..

https://twitter.com/joedoylemilb/status/...qlKpTNLDEQ
There you go. Cubs select the overshot in LHP Jackson Ferris from IMG. Ranked 19 on the board and managed to slip to us. This is a huge get if we can sign. Also ranked higher than Horton originally was.