Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Team
Those familiar with Cubs twitter probably know Charles the Cat, claims Girardi is the front runner.  I think he's off his rocker.

I had never heard of Charles the Cat before.  I am now dumber for having looked him up.

This is not some silly theory that's unsupported and deserves being mocked by photos of Xena.  [Image: ITgoyeg.png]
The only thing Charles has ever been right about was the Darvish signing, predicted months before it happened. It's almost a parody account.
He was right about Harper too....

welp.

Lol...Theo presser trying REALLY hard to say something positive about what Descalso may have brought to the table this past year.

Snappy dresser, maybe?

He was definitely implying subtle (my guess very subtle) veteran presence. 

Maybe he will be a bench coach then....
Or the A's personal Wrigley barista.

Christ, I love that the big takeaway from the beat writers is that Ross is on the list of managerial candidates.  This is about the least interesting thing he said in it.

Yeah, sounds like many trades could be in the works. Also they plan to hire directors of hitting and pitching, which likely means the scouting and development infrastructure will be split in two post-McLeod.
Can't see Girardi being the next Cubs manager.   

Joe is a great individual with strong Chicago roots - beyond being a Cubs alumnus - but if front office didn't give Joe an extension they most likely aren't going with a guy like Girardi. 

Won't stop the rumor mill or sports writers from filling up pages regarding him. 

https://twitter.com/pj_mooney/status/117...5144963077
I think the Cubs' hire is obvious, if he's available:

[Image: lbl10.JPG]

Well that sucks

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/11...98688?s=21