Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Music
I feel like I've completely lost touch with new music over the past few years, but just discovered Greta Van Fleet. Anyone into them? The new album "Starcatcher" is quite good. Nice mix of dreamy prog rock, psych and folk. The vocalist is especially impressive. Getting Mars Volta vibes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To me Greta Van Fleet is basically a Led Zeppelin cover band.
I wouldn't go that far, but there is a clear Robert Plant influence in there. I still like them.

I didn’t mean to make you cry, rok. Forgive me?
You hurt my feelings in a deep way Butch, but I still love you.

Great Van Fleet is solid but agreed the Zeppelin thing is a bit too much on the mark

Saw a great show at Salt Shed last weekend - Trombone Shorty, Ziggy Marley, Mavis Staples, and Robert Randolph. Made me forgot about how I used to enjoy discovering new stuff and seeing an old standby or 2 at Pitchfork
I’ve seen two shows at Salt Shed (Flaming Lips and Sisters of Mercy). Love this venue.

The show was outdoors which was the first outdoor show I’ve seen there this year.
(07-24-2023, 09:48 AM)rok Wrote: I feel like I've completely lost touch with new music over the past few years

Rok, I feel you on this. Meanwhile, I'm over here excited about Black Sabbath's quadraphic release of their debut album.
(07-27-2023, 08:11 PM)jeffy Wrote:
(07-24-2023, 09:48 AM)rok Wrote: I feel like I've completely lost touch with new music over the past few years

Rok, I feel you on this. Meanwhile, I'm over here excited about Black Sabbath's quadraphic release of their debut album.

Purchased Tribute to Randy Rhodes a few months ago.  I’m just cutting edge on new music. Ha
I may need to look into this, Jeffy. My original vinyl pressing of Black Sabbath’s debut is one of my most prized possessions.

You both have exquisite taste.

Hell yeah, Rok. A prized possession indeed.
Listening to ton of Govt Mule lately

Nothing new but they do great versions of Pink Floyd tunes and their current tour - Dark Side of the Mule has had some great shows