Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Music
Share em if you got em, boys. Even if it's not new, feel free to share anything you've been enjoying.

I'll start...

Tommy Guerrero from the Bones Brigade just put out a new instrumental album. Very chill vibe...good one to throw on in the background:

https://open.spotify.com/album/6Wi9sRhak...c4vSkAImtw

I've had Run the Jewels 4 on repeat since it came out. The perfect soundtrack for 2020. But I guess I should find a new album now that it's '21...

Fiona Apple had a good album last year, put out in the spring IIRC. I didnt find it until December. Fetch the Bolt Cutters
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin 

"That was some of the saddest stuff I've ever read. Fuck cancer and AIDS, ignorance is the scourge of the land." - tom v

Frankie and the Witch Fingers' "Monsters Eating People Eating Monsters" came out a few months ago. Hadn't heard a good psych rock album in ages, so it hit the spot.
NIce always down for Psych Rock recommendations.
Quote:Frankie and the Witch Fingers' "Monsters Eating People Eating Monsters" came out a few months ago. Hadn't heard a good psych rock album in ages, so it hit the spot.

Firing this up right now...
Quote:Fiona Apple had a good album last year, put out in the spring IIRC. I didnt find it until December. Fetch the Bolt Cutters

I really liked her version of The Whole of the Moon that the Affair used in it's finale. 

I wasn't listening to much of what was on the radio when growing up. I got into the British invasion (Beatles, Stones, Who) at a really early age and found Neil and Dylan and Waits after that and would listen to the songwriters I liked when they came out with new stuff but not a lot of contemporary music in the 80s. It's a big hole for me. I'm clueless to the Pixies for example. So I never heard the Waterboys' version of this song. And that's probably why I like Apples' version much better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v...AppleRocks
I'm also happy I can finally listen to Pink Floyd's Animals album again without thinking about the president. It was just too real.
Anyone on spotify have any good playlists to share? Doesn't have to be new by any means. I'm building a gigantic playlist and always looking to add more songs.
I consider anything after 2004 "new music"...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5b0Pt-k1hGo

Came out about a year ago, but can't this song out of my head. The lyrics get more relatable each day as well.

The whole album is really good.
My wife is into Lord Huron but I havent checked them out. They announced tour dates yesterday and she wants to go.

Ive been getting into Big Thief lately. Two Hands is my favorite album from them, they are also currently slowly releasing songs off a new album which are great so far.
Anyone heard of Wet Leg? Check them out theyre a lot of fun.
Quote:https://youtube.com/watch?v=5b0Pt-k1hGo

Came out about a year ago, but can't this song out of my head. The lyrics get more relatable each day as well.

The whole album is really good.
Love Lord Huron. Haven't listened to the new record that much yet (dig it for the most part), but Vide Noir is one of my favorite albums of the last decade.

Man, 2021 was kind of a black hole music-wise for me. I'll definitely check out Wet Leg and Big Thief though.
Believe the only CD I purchased in 2021 - yeah, Im one of the last people on planet who purchases CDs as artist get larger share of revenue - was Turnstiles Glow. Its a bit uneven punk collective

Oops, forgot about Courtney Barnetts Things Take Time, Take Time. Ok but not her most noteworthy stuff. Believe Im seeing her toward end of month at Chicago Theater