Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mare of Easttown
It's really good. Give it a look.

I came here to post the exact thing! ?

Just finished episode 3. Its really good, probably up there of being the best new show this year. A slow burn but an intriguing storyline, great cast and strong characters. Kate Winslet is amazing in it.
Quote:I came here to post the exact thing!

Just finished episode 3. Its really good, probably up there of being the best new show this year. A slow burn but an intriguing storyline, great cast and strong characters. Kate Winslet is amazing in it.

100% agree with all of that.
I'm enjoying it, always love Winslet but some of the acting is pretty awful.  

2 episodes in and enjoying it. Who else didnt recognize Roy from the Office as the ex husband?
Quote:2 episodes in and enjoying it. Who else didnt recognize Roy from the Office as the ex husband?

Oh snap. I knew he looked familiar.
Lot of people who look familiar.  Her partner, her mom, her son's baby's mom....they are all actors i know i've seen before yet can't quite place.

Her partner is Quicksilver in the X-Men movies.

Hes also been in most if not all seasons of American Horror Story.
Quote:Lot of people who look familiar.  Her partner, her mom, her son's baby's mom....they are all actors i know i've seen before yet can't quite place.

Ever been to mid central PA? Worked for several years in Kennett Square - mushroom capital of world - the show has the look and gloom down pat.
Im sure it's exactly how much of Ohio looks as well.

I'm two episodes in, really digging it. Winslet doing her best effort at a PA accent took some getting used to, but that aside it's been very compelling. 

Its official, this is the best show of the year so far. Great episode.
Yeah, this has been my favorite show of 2021 no doubt.

First few episodes thought the acting was pretty rough, but it's definitely gotten better as it's gone along.