Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Gameday Catchall
Damn striking out the side

Could be a long day for Cubs bats

And Hendricks gives up a HR with a man on

Yes, a very very long day
I love you forever, Professor, but I think it's time to call it a career. World Series legend.
Got away with a win there!
So this team needs another big bat and 2 lights out relievers to get to the next level. It’s going to be one long, frustrating trade deadline when Jed adds another Cuas clone and the second coming of Daniel Murphy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Shota’s start to his Cubs career has been remarkable. He’s surpassed my and seemingly everyone’s expectations. His 0.84 ERA for season is nuts and he’s on another run of scoreless innings. He pitched 12 innings of scoreless

Agree that Cubs offense is at least one bat shy even after Nico and Swanson return. I have little confidence that Happ’s bat will return to form but hopefully Trauchman can get more starts to cover Happ’s shortcomings. Morel has been producing better than I expected and Suzuki is capable of consistent production. Unfortunately, we shouldn’t expect anything near average production from catching position. Yomes had some great clutch hits last season which just can’t be expected this season. Bellinger won’t produce at MVP level this season but hopefully 80% of last year’s production will suffice. Leaves at least a bat shy of producing a team that can make a playoff run.
I've been to three Cubs games so far this season. The last two I attended, the Cubs have combined for 3 total hits.

It hasn't been all that fun.
Wrigley is usually fun

Cubs playing solid baseball improves the experience.

Unfortunately, Cubs roster is lacking due to injuries and overall deficiencies in talent - bullpen, power bats, etc

I keep expectations low but also witnessed the Cubs getting no hit for almost 7 innings and Hendricks giving up 8 runs in 4.2 innings but was in the sun and met up with buddies and girlfriend post game. It was still a fun day
(05-20-2024, 05:34 PM)1060Ivy Wrote: Wrigley is usually fun

Cubs playing solid baseball improves the experience. 

Unfortunately, Cubs roster is lacking due to injuries and overall deficiencies in talent - bullpen, power bats, etc

I keep expectations low but also witnessed the Cubs getting no hit for almost 7 innings and Hendricks giving up 8 runs in 4.2 innings but was in the sun and met up with buddies and girlfriend post game.  It was still a fun day

Yeah, I should revise my statement a little. It was a beautiful day and I spent my afternoon with a beautiful woman at the greatest ballpark on the planet. Life isn't so bad.
Nico with the massive tomahawk chop hit for the walk off win in extras

Cubs bullpen delivered and despite limited offense the win counts against the slumping Braves with their loaded roster
Bullpen was a very pleasant surprise. Leiter was absolute nails (he wasn't a surprise -- he's the only guy I really trust), but everyone else was outstanding, too. Good stuff.
Fried looks really tough tonight; it's going to be hard to score. Unfortunately the bats aren't making him work all that hard either, so he could easily go the distance at his current pitch count per inning...

Perfect game through 5 IP. 53 pitches.

Yikes.
lol feels like this team is begging for a no hitter this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, Cuas is horrible.
Yeah. Shockingly, Cuas still sucks ass.
Cubs need a meatball today

I’m off to grab meatball subs for my Dad and I from D’Amato’s and watch the game with him