Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs @ Mariners
Let’s get it on.
Apple TV broadcasts are always well done but the announcers need help.
Just joining game

Wick seems in control but what’s going on with Cub bats?
(04-12-2024, 10:46 PM)funkster Wrote: Apple TV broadcasts are always well done but the announcers need help.

Wait, you don't enjoy hearing Dontrelle Willis talk about eating pizza?
(04-12-2024, 11:03 PM)jeffy Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 10:46 PM)funkster Wrote: Apple TV broadcasts are always well done but the announcers need help.

lol

I didn’t start watching until the second and didn’t even realize it was him for another half hour lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-12-2024, 10:46 PM)1060Ivy Wrote: Just joining game

Wick seems in control but what’s going on with Cub bats?

Good question.
(04-12-2024, 11:07 PM)funkster Wrote:

I didn’t start watching until the second and didn’t even realize it was him for another half hour lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha same.
We’ll be really lucky to be .500 at the end of this road trip.
That sucked.
I’m resolved to having weaker starters / bullpen due to injuries but lack of offense concerns me more than those weaknesses
(04-13-2024, 09:27 AM)1060Ivy Wrote: I’m resolved to having weaker starters / bullpen due to injuries but lack of offense concerns me more than those weaknesses

The offense isn't going to consistently score 6 runs a game, that's for sure. Our bullpen is going to be shot by June if our starters can't pitch past the 5th inning consistently.
Getting Taillon and Steele back is feeling more and more important by the day. I'm excited to see how Shota does in his first away game, though I think I saw somewhere that the Mariners, who have been offense challenged this season, are much with lefties.

I like the Apple broadcasts (and Amazon and others) only in that have better resolution on my TV than Marquee does (DirecTV). I suppose my DirecTV probably isn't 4k or whatever and the app-based games are. And now I want to update my DirecTV, also knowing I probably shouldn't be paying for it all... thanks a lot, Apple.
I know at some point Shota will probably have a rough outing, but he's been awfully fun to watch so far this season.

Yeah, I always enjoy the Apple broadcasts -- they're very slick and I like their graphics a lot. And for announcers who aren't broadcasters for either team, they do solid work.
Agreed, Marquee seems cheesy in comparison. I do like that they've incorporated more drone shots and panning views this year at least, but Marquee's graphics, music, and overall vibe are usually kinda corny overall.