Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening Day
Steele is out for April. Great start to the season.
At least we got off the snide. Sweep would have been a shit way to begin this year.

Losing your #1 on opening day fucking blows though.

Would we be happy at .500 come 5/1?

I'd take that in a heartbeat.
Anyone else at Wrigley today?
Are you staying dry?
So Imanaga is pretty good? Or maybe the Rockies are next-level terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-01-2024, 04:58 PM)rok Wrote: So Imanaga is pretty good? Or maybe the Rockies are next-level terrible.

I'd say both.
Yup wet - at least that’s she said

Still warmer and drier than many openers

Cubs win! Cubs win! Cubs win!
Shota looked great. Obviously the weather helps a fly ball pitcher, but the only ball I recall thinking would get out for sure next month at Wrigley was Bryant's off of Smyly.

I thought it was interesting that Counsell pulled Morel when he did for defense. Speaking of our D, it's been pretty terrible to start the year. I hope that changes soon.
He’s been quite good so far.

If my math is correct, (it may not be) between spring and this first start Shota has thrown 15.2 innings and struck out 28 batters. That's nuts. He's played baseball in the US for like a month and has so many strikeouts I'm sure he can't remember them all.
Great performance by Shōta.

Concerned that he had no ground ball outs and 2-3 of the long fly balls would leave the yard if winds weren’t blowing in. Guessing he’s an experienced enough and capable pitcher who would alter his pitch selection to decrease fly balls if conditions changed.

Yes, it was against the Rockies who are expected to lose 100 games but it was a healthy Rockies roster with guys like Bryant, Blackmon, etc neither on DL nor dealing with nagging injuries yet.

Great to witness the energy, the crowds, and the win for the opener