Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Season Post All-Star break
Nice game - Cubs @ Phillies 

Schwarbs homers to start the Phillies off but Cubs up 10-1 in 8th

Cubs sweep the Phillies

If the Cubs don’t lose a game again this season, they can still make the playoffs so there’s a chance
This "Field of Dreams" game is stupid.

That is all.
Milton Bradley, WTF?

Why would that POS, malcontent who seemed to hate “racist” Chicago have anything to do with the Cubs or Field of Dreams game?

Are the Cubs that hard up that Milton Bradley - along with ex-Cubs Candy Maldonado, Jeff Blauser, and Tyler Chatwood emerging from the outfield corn.

Not the first, 100th or 700th Cubs reps that should have been included to rep the Cubs

WTF?
(08-12-2022, 02:18 AM)1060Ivy Wrote: Milton Bradley, WTF?

Why would that POS, malcontent who seemed to hate “racist” Chicago have anything to do with the Cubs or Field of Dreams game?

Are the Cubs that hard up that Milton Bradley - along with ex-Cubs Candy Maldonado, Jeff Blauser,  and Tyler Chatwood emerging from the outfield corn.

Not the first, 100th or 700th Cubs reps that should have been included to rep the Cubs

WTF?

Wait, this actually happened? WTF indeed.
Cubs win their 4th series in a row.

At this rate, if the club doesn’t ever lose another series again - they’re 2023 World Series Champions and Hoyer becomes Exec of Year 2023
(08-11-2022, 09:10 PM)rok Wrote: This "Field of Dreams" game is stupid.

That is all.

I agree that it is stupid. Completely manufactured nostalgia based on a movie.

BUT...I also sort of like it. I'm a sucker for dumb shit like this.
(08-17-2022, 04:07 PM)1060Ivy Wrote: Cubs win their 4th series in a row.

At this rate, if the club doesn’t ever lose another series again - they’re 2023 World Series Champions and Hoyer becomes Exec of Year 2023

As long as they only have to play Washington, Cincinnati, and Miami, they should be in great shape.
Couple of nice victories against the Brewers so far this series

Late inning and extra innings offense and solid defense and bullpen have been a nice surprise - specially after the trading deadline
They've been a lot more fun to watch lately. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'll at least enjoy a game here and there through the end of the season...
I really can't believe this but I think I'm actually rooting for Albert to get to 700. I can't even really explain it.
Nope. I hope he gets to 699 and then dies of a heart attack in the batter’s box.
(08-22-2022, 08:42 PM)mrfelina Wrote: I really can't believe this but I think I'm actually rooting for Albert to get to 700. I can't even really explain it.

Heretic! 

Burn her.  She’s a witch!
Ok...fuck off Albert.
Not certain if I’m more surprised by the Cubs quality and hustle of play in this Mets series or the Mets poor quality and lack of hustle for a team in the playoff hunt.

Great to see the Cubs score runs against deGrom last night.
I've said it before, but the team is much more watchable lately. Even when they lose, they're playing decent baseball and their effort is outstanding. I'm not quite seeing how they're in the playoff hunt next season, but who knows.