Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’m at the game right now
First one of the year for me. This lineup reminds me something they’d put out in 1997. That is all.

(06-05-2022, 08:05 PM)bz Wrote: First one of the year for me. This lineup reminds me something they’d put out in 1997. That is all.

Wtf is this shit  Angry Huh
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Did we win?
The team was surprisingly competitive in this series with the Cardinals. But it's probably best to just chalk it up to the elevated emotion of when the Cardinals come into town. They lost two games in extra innings (have I said how much I hate the "courtesy runner" bullshit in extras?) and could've easily taken 4/5 instead of 2/5. But...who gives a shit, really? This season doesn't matter at all. I wish it did, but it's really a wasted season.
Got to go to the Futures/Celebrity Softball game last week and the AS game Tuesday. A few observations:

-Pete Crow-Armstrong got the biggest non-Dodgers ovation during lineup announcement of all the Future's players, which was cool. He is a local kid, but the big hand was sort of surprising, and there were not a lot of people in Cubs gear around the park that day. I'm sure he had a lot of friends and family in attendance, but it even still, it was cool hear him get some much love. He also smacked a double to left in his 2nd AB.

-Speaking of Dodger Stadium being loud, the booing for the Astros players was the loudest booing I've ever heard at an event. Conversely, the applause for Bad Bunny any time he was on the jumbo trons during the celebrity game was about as loud as I've ever heard Dodger Stadium. Oh, and the second most popular celebrity by volume was Guillermo from Jimmy Kimmel, which was awesome because he's an incredibly supportive (and hilarious) dad at our Little League and my son had no idea he was famous until that day. Smile

-The Cardinal SS prospect who threw the ball to first at 100.5 MPH has gotten a lot of headlines. Two things... you could TOTALLY tell in person how hard he threw it, I commented right away I've never seen anyone throw across the field that hard. Weird how 5-10 MPH can make such a difference. Second, he made a throwing error on a routine play like an inning later. None of the articles I've seen seem to mention that.
I've seen video of the throw he made. It's impressive, but why? He got the dude by like 4 steps LOL. There's no reason to throw max effort like that unless it's a speedy runner or if it's going to be a close play. Dude is going to be the first SS to get TJ surgery.
Yep. And it's a small miracle the first baseman got it, I doubt he was expecting that.