Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodgers @ Wrigley, 6-8 May
Wrigley on a Saturday evening is probably 1/3 empty 

Willco parked one 

Was on TV as I got a foul ball and gave it to a kid
The good news is that the Dodger series is over

Friday’s rainout was probably the high point from the Cubs results perspective

The Cubs starters performed to expectations - poorly. Stroman who just pitched great in last outing, missed his scheduled start is on DL, likely with Covid.

Cubs scored 3 runs in the series which is more concerning than the starters’ performance. Frank the Tank is in Iowa now so Rivas who has had some nice games is the expected starter at first. Willson had a nice offensive performance Saturday evening going 3 for 4 with HR and triple then 1 for 3 Sunday with an RBI

Cubs escape Chicago’s warmer weather to travel to the Padres
At this point I hope they trade Contreras to a contender. It's painful to watch him languish on this team.

Honestly, I hope they trade anyone over the age of 26 at the deadline. I liked the Stroman signing a lot, but if they can deal him they should. I'd even consider trading Suzuki. This team is nowhere near close to competing; they're so much worse than I even imagined their worst case scenario might be.
Yes, the minor leagues still need to rebuilding and the assets that exist in those levels are seasons away from making a MLB impact but continual removing any foundational MLB assets guarantees the rebuild will continue ad infinitum. Trading away Suzuki and Stroman shouldn't be consider for this season.

Contreras is likely gone this trading deadline. Unfortunately, we shouldn't expect much in return as trading top line starting catchers in season doesn't typically bring much in return.

Yup, it's all roses and horse shoes in Cub land.