Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peavy Talk
<!--quoteo(post=10580:date=Jan 10 2009, 04:27 PM:name=Destined)-->QUOTE (Destined @ Jan 10 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10533:date=Jan 10 2009, 08:39 AM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Jan 10 2009, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Guzman and Ascancio could very well be part of the framework for the Peavy trade though.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Git-R-Done!
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/furious.gif[/img]
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
I was reading the comments on mlbtraderumors.com and I thought this was an interesting comment I hadn't thought of.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->One more thing.

For once, the beauty of the guys that we don't need (i.e., Pie is out of options and he has been replaced by Gathright, Cedeno is out of options and he has been replaced by Miles, Wuertz is out of options and he has been replaced by other 'pen arms) are actually desired by San Diego.

And, the one hitch in the deal from December is that Towers doesn't need to assume any of Marquis' contract...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just thought it was interesting.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=10647:date=Jan 11 2009, 02:38 AM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Jan 11 2009, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I was reading the comments on mlbtraderumors.com and I thought this was an interesting comment I hadn't thought of.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->One more thing.

For once, the beauty of the guys that we don't need (i.e., Pie is out of options and he has been replaced by Gathright, Cedeno is out of options and he has been replaced by Miles, Wuertz is out of options and he has been replaced by other 'pen arms) are actually desired by San Diego.

And, the one hitch in the deal from December is that Towers doesn't need to assume any of Marquis' contract...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good quote PcB. That made me smile. I hope this thing works out.

Maybe we can put together one of those classic 5-for-1 trades, where we give up those 3 guys, plus a few of those new Indian relievers.
Heck, why not ALL the new DeRosa-trade guys, plus the 3 guys you mentioned, plus Veal and Colvin! Eight-for-1, but they're all guys who are worthless to us.
There's nothing better than to realize that the good things about youth don't end with youth itself. It's a matter of realizing that life can be renewed every day you get out of bed without baggage. It's tough to get there, but it's better than the dark thoughts. -Lance
<!--quoteo(post=10667:date=Jan 11 2009, 01:31 PM:name=KBwsb)-->QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 11 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10647:date=Jan 11 2009, 02:38 AM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Jan 11 2009, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I was reading the comments on mlbtraderumors.com and I thought this was an interesting comment I hadn't thought of.

Maybe we can put together one of those classic 5-for-1 trades, where we give up those 3 guys, plus a few of those new Indian relievers.
Heck, why not ALL the new DeRosa-trade guys, plus the 3 guys you mentioned, plus Veal and Colvin! Eight-for-1, but they're all guys who are worthless to us.

Veal was taken by the Pirates in the Rule 5 draft.
<!--quoteo(post=10668:date=Jan 11 2009, 01:46 PM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Jan 11 2009, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10667:date=Jan 11 2009, 01:31 PM:name=KBwsb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KBwsb @ Jan 11 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=10647:date=Jan 11 2009, 02:38 AM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Jan 11 2009, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I was reading the comments on mlbtraderumors.com and I thought this was an interesting comment I hadn't thought of.

Veal was taken by the Pirates in the Rule 5 draft.

The way we have bent over the Pirates before I am sure they would send Veal over to help us out [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]