Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Football
The playoffs start this week in one of my leagues. I have a bye this week but lost Burress and Deuce. I wasn't playing Deuce much anyway since I picked up Larry Johnson but I could use a little depth there and WR. What guys would you pick up from each position?

Some of the better guys available at running back are Buckhalter, Brandon Jackson, Sproles, Jamal Charles, Green-Ellis...basically backups.

Some of the wideouts available are Gage if he clears waivers, Bobby Wade...same situation as Gage, Malcolm Floyd, Josh Reed, Koren Robinson...I may only be starting one of these guys as my only other backup receiver now is Gafney. We do get points for receptions.
<!--quoteo(post=964:date=Dec 2 2008, 11:09 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 2 2008, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The playoffs start this week in one of my leagues. I have a bye this week but lost Burress and Deuce. I wasn't playing Deuce much anyway since I picked up Larry Johnson but I could use a little depth there and WR. What guys would you pick up from each position?

Some of the better guys available at running back are Buckhalter, Brandon Jackson, Sproles, Jamal Charles, Green-Ellis...basically backups.

Some of the wideouts available are Gage if he clears waivers, Bobby Wade...same situation as Gage, Malcolm Floyd, Josh Reed, Koren Robinson...I may only be starting one of these guys as my only other backup receiver now is Gafney. We do get points for receptions.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Ryan Grant's playing status for Week 14 will depend on his ability to grip the football with a splint on his sprained thumb.
"We'll see how Ryan progresses this week...but we have no qualms about playing with Brandon (Jackson) in all of the situations," Mike McCarthy said. It doesn't sound like the coach is rushing to get Grant back into a full-time role after Jackson racked up 86 yards on 12 touches Sunday. Grant owners need to grab Jackson off waivers. The Packers host Houston in Week 14.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Plus like rotoworld says, Jackson looked great and they're desperate to win, I think they're going to keep giving him the ball. Out of the above options, Jackson's the best gamble I'd say.
@TheBlogfines
For receivers, Davone Bess might be worth a look. With Camarillo out for the season, Bess becomes Miami's new possession guy. Probably won't get the touchdowns but should get 5-6 catches a game.
I was going to pick him up but someone's already had him for a couple of weeks it looks like.
<!--quoteo(post=1038:date=Dec 3 2008, 11:08 AM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 3 2008, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I was going to pick him up but someone's already had him for a couple of weeks it looks like.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What about Hixon for a WR? He is going to get a lot of looks with Burress out. Also, it said Grant practiced unrestricted today for the Packers so I probably wouldn't go after Jackson.
<!--quoteo(post=1021:date=Dec 3 2008, 11:23 AM:name=deputymayor)-->QUOTE (deputymayor @ Dec 3 2008, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->For receivers, Davone Bess might be worth a look. With Camarillo out for the season, Bess becomes Miami's new possession guy. Probably won't get the touchdowns but should get 5-6 catches a game.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I knew he would be good, that's the one WR I wanted the Bears to draft, and he went undrafted. Now he's starting and playing well, Earl Bennett hasn't even seen the field.
@TheBlogfines
Some jag picked up Hixon a few days before this shooting stuff happened.
<!--quoteo(post=1113:date=Dec 3 2008, 06:47 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 3 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1021:date=Dec 3 2008, 11:23 AM:name=deputymayor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (deputymayor @ Dec 3 2008, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->For receivers, Davone Bess might be worth a look. With Camarillo out for the season, Bess becomes Miami's new possession guy. Probably won't get the touchdowns but should get 5-6 catches a game.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I knew he would be good, that's the one WR I wanted the Bears to draft, and he went undrafted. Now he's starting and playing well, Earl Bennett hasn't even seen the field.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When is the last time the Bears drafted a good WR?
<!--quoteo(post=1131:date=Dec 3 2008, 08:32 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Dec 3 2008, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1113:date=Dec 3 2008, 06:47 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 3 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1021:date=Dec 3 2008, 11:23 AM:name=deputymayor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (deputymayor @ Dec 3 2008, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->For receivers, Davone Bess might be worth a look. With Camarillo out for the season, Bess becomes Miami's new possession guy. Probably won't get the touchdowns but should get 5-6 catches a game.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Berrian. An actual top notch receiver I can't remember though.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=1151:date=Dec 3 2008, 10:20 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 3 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1131:date=Dec 3 2008, 08:32 PM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Dec 3 2008, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1113:date=Dec 3 2008, 06:47 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 3 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1021:date=Dec 3 2008, 11:23 AM:name=deputymayor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (deputymayor @ Dec 3 2008, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->For receivers, Davone Bess might be worth a look. With Camarillo out for the season, Bess becomes Miami's new possession guy. Probably won't get the touchdowns but should get 5-6 catches a game.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Berrian. An actual top notch receiver I can't remember though.

Even Berrian wasn't that good though. He never had 1000 yard season and was really only a deep threat. Honestly, you may have to go back to Curtis Conway or Marcus Robinson (and they only had 1 or 2 good years with us). It is really sad.