Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Neo's an alien?
<!--quoteo(post=984:date=Dec 2 2008, 11:52 PM:name=HTC)-->QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 2 2008, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Neo's an alien?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Even without seeing either, I can already tell you the only movie with worse acting is Fred Claus.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=985:date=Dec 3 2008, 01:08 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 3 2008, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=984:date=Dec 2 2008, 11:52 PM:name=HTC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 2 2008, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Neo's an alien?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Even without seeing either, I can already tell you the only movie with worse acting is Fred Claus.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

keanu blows at acting. i hear he can snort a line like a champ though.
<!--quoteo(post=985:date=Dec 3 2008, 12:08 AM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 3 2008, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=984:date=Dec 2 2008, 11:52 PM:name=HTC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HTC @ Dec 2 2008, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Neo's an alien?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That movie had Vince Vaughn, Paul Giamatti, Kevin Spacey, Elizabeth Banks, Rachel Weisz, and Kathy Bates in it and it was still the biggest piece of garbage I've ever seen.
Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night.
Not sure why, but Keanu doesn't bother me as an actor. Not saying he's good at it, just that he doesn't bother me as much as some no-talent actors.
<!--quoteo(post=1008:date=Dec 3 2008, 09:11 AM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 3 2008, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Not sure why, but Keanu doesn't bother me as an actor. Not saying he's good at it, just that he doesn't bother me as much as some no-talent actors.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Maybe because the roles he fills don't require any acting?
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
The movie wasn't bad, it just wasn't very good. Not a whole hell of a lot happens. Although I will admit the kid in there deserved to die a thousand deaths.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=8516:date=Jan 3 2009, 11:27 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jan 3 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The movie wasn't bad, it just wasn't very good. Not a whole hell of a lot happens. Although I will admit the kid in there deserved to die a thousand deaths.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Will Smith's son?
[Image: lou.jpg]
What bothers me about Keanu is that in the Matrix, he finds out about the Matrix which pretty out there as it esentailly changes the explination as to why everything is the way it is. His reaction? "...woah..."

Maybe it's just me, but if some strange big black guy in a trench coat pulled me aside and said, "Nick, theres actually this thing around you that makes everything in the world tick. Forget everything you've ever thought about why things are the way they are, they can all be explained by this new thing," I'd like to think I'd give a different reaction aside from, "...woah...".
<!--quoteo(post=8530:date=Jan 3 2009, 12:52 PM:name=twitterwoods)-->QUOTE (twitterwoods @ Jan 3 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What bothers me about Keanu is that in the Matrix, he finds out about the Matrix which pretty out there as it esentailly changes the explination as to why everything is the way it is. His reaction? "...woah..."

Maybe it's just me, but if some strange big black guy in a trench coat pulled me aside and said, "Nick, theres actually this thing around you that makes everything in the world tick. Forget everything you've ever thought about why things are the way they are, they can all be explained by this new thing," I'd like to think I'd give a different reaction aside from, "...woah...".<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

[Image: billandted460.jpg]

Excellent!
<!--quoteo(post=8525:date=Jan 3 2009, 12:03 PM:name=Mikey)-->QUOTE (Mikey @ Jan 3 2009, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8516:date=Jan 3 2009, 11:27 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jan 3 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The movie wasn't bad, it just wasn't very good. Not a whole hell of a lot happens. Although I will admit the kid in there deserved to die a thousand deaths.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Will Smith's son?

Yes. He is the most obnoxious sonovabitch I've seen in a LOOOONG time. It always fascinates me that filmmakers assume we will have a vested interest in such a reprehensible character, just because it's in the script.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
<!--quoteo(post=8537:date=Jan 3 2009, 01:50 PM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Jan 3 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8525:date=Jan 3 2009, 12:03 PM:name=Mikey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikey @ Jan 3 2009, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8516:date=Jan 3 2009, 11:27 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jan 3 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The movie wasn't bad, it just wasn't very good. Not a whole hell of a lot happens. Although I will admit the kid in there deserved to die a thousand deaths.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Will Smith's son?

Yes. He is the most obnoxious sonovabitch I've seen in a LOOOONG time. It always fascinates me that filmmakers assume we will have a vested interest in such a reprehensible character, just because it's in the script.
His folks are really pushing hard to get him into the A list and is already signed to be the new Karate Kid. Ain't Hollywood grand?
<!--quoteo(post=8539:date=Jan 3 2009, 02:19 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 3 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8537:date=Jan 3 2009, 01:50 PM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jan 3 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8525:date=Jan 3 2009, 12:03 PM:name=Mikey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mikey @ Jan 3 2009, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8516:date=Jan 3 2009, 11:27 AM:name=BT)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BT @ Jan 3 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The movie wasn't bad, it just wasn't very good. Not a whole hell of a lot happens. Although I will admit the kid in there deserved to die a thousand deaths.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Will Smith's son?

His folks are really pushing hard to get him into the A list and is already signed to be the new Karate Kid. Ain't Hollywood grand?

That's the even more ridiculous thing, is they have to jump through all sorts of hoops to explain why Jennifer Connely is caring for an african american child.
<!--quoteo(post=8530:date=Jan 3 2009, 12:52 PM:name=twitterwoods)-->QUOTE (twitterwoods @ Jan 3 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What bothers me about Keanu is that in the Matrix, he finds out about the Matrix which pretty out there as it esentailly changes the explination as to why everything is the way it is. His reaction? "...woah..."

Maybe it's just me, but if some strange big black guy in a trench coat pulled me aside and said, "Nick, theres actually this thing around you that makes everything in the world tick. Forget everything you've ever thought about why things are the way they are, they can all be explained by this new thing," I'd like to think I'd give a different reaction aside from, "...woah...".<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Keanu didn't write the script, though. Why dislike him for the line he had to read?
<!--quoteo(post=8583:date=Jan 3 2009, 11:04 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Jan 3 2009, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=8530:date=Jan 3 2009, 12:52 PM:name=twitterwoods)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (twitterwoods @ Jan 3 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->What bothers me about Keanu is that in the Matrix, he finds out about the Matrix which pretty out there as it esentailly changes the explination as to why everything is the way it is. His reaction? "...woah..."

Keanu didn't write the script, though. Why dislike him for the line he had to read?

Because almost all A-list actors have creative input in the production of a movie.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy