Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120 RBI - A standard for Clutch
Breaking off the Dunn - clutch hitter conversation from the Peavy thread.
I got nothin'.

Andy
So do you guys think the Cubs are going to get Peavy?
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
Dunn = Dave Kingman with a higher OBP
Right after they get Brian Roberts.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK.
[Image: mlb_a_dunn_300.jpg]
Lee is better than Choi
I don't think you can assign a number of rbis or any stat number to define what is clutch. It's an intangible thing. Either someone can hit well under pressure or not. If you want to show someone's average when runners are on in late innings, then that may be something.... I'm still far from convinced that something like being clutch can be defined by a number.
Who's your daddy?
<!--quoteo(post=2851:date=Dec 9 2008, 10:53 AM:name=BT)-->QUOTE (BT @ Dec 9 2008, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->So do you guys think the Cubs are going to get Peavy?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/spit.gif[/img]
when i think of a rotation of peavy, zambrano, dempster, hardin, and lily, it's just mind boggling. you're talking about a guy who won 17 games last year being your #5. unreal.

on the other hand, losing derosa would hurt, especially if they acquire rich aurilia.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=2908:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:43 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->when i think of a rotation of peavy, zambrano, dempster, hardin, and lily, it's just mind boggling. you're talking about a guy who won 17 games last year being your #5. unreal.

on the other hand, losing derosa would hurt, especially if they acquire rich aurilia.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I could live with it as long as we get Ibanez.

I just realized this is the wrong topic for this thread, and as Mod am giving myself a stern warning to never let it happen again.
<!--quoteo(post=2908:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:43 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->when i think of a rotation of peavy, zambrano, dempster, hardin, and lily, it's just mind boggling. you're talking about a guy who won 17 games last year being your #5. unreal.

on the other hand, losing derosa would hurt, especially if they acquire rich aurilia.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
well played
<!--quoteo(post=2913:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:49 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 9 2008, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2908:date=Dec 9 2008, 12:43 PM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 9 2008, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->when i think of a rotation of peavy, zambrano, dempster, hardin, and lily, it's just mind boggling. you're talking about a guy who won 17 games last year being your #5. unreal.

I could live with it as long as we get Ibanez.

I just realized this is the wrong topic for this thread, and as Mod am giving myself a stern warning to never let it happen again.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

there are no wrong threads.

"post what thou whilst shall be the whole of the law." - aleister crowley
Wang.