Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes Man
<!--quoteo(post=7519:date=Dec 29 2008, 08:21 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Dec 29 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->And regarding Truman Show vs. Eternal Sunshine, Gondry and Kaufman are definitely acquired tastes, but I like just about anything they've done over the years. I like both films but prefer Sunshine.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i know they're both not goofy "ace ventura" type jim carrey movies but i still think of those 2 as way different types of movies and i love them both
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I even liked Man on the Moon.
[Image: lou.jpg]
"once bitten", "fun with dick and jane". "man on the moon", "bruce allmighty", and the one about the theatre all sucked.
Wang.
"the number 23" sucked as well.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=7577:date=Dec 30 2008, 08:34 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 30 2008, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->"once bitten", "fun with dick and jane". "man on the moon", "bruce allmighty", and the one about the theatre all sucked.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The Majestic.
Once Bitten was just an old silly 80s b-movie, and I have a soft spot for those. The others tommy mentioned except for Bruce Almighty (wasn't that funny, but wasn't horrible either) all sucked. Number 23 pissed me off almost as much as an M Night movie.
Jim Carrey, huh? Couldn't be less interested.
<!--quoteo(post=7641:date=Dec 30 2008, 01:09 PM:name=ruby23)-->QUOTE (ruby23 @ Dec 30 2008, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Jim Carrey, huh? Couldn't be less interested.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Glad you posted then.
<!--quoteo(post=7577:date=Dec 30 2008, 10:34 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 30 2008, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->"once bitten", "fun with dick and jane". "man on the moon", "bruce allmighty", and the one about the theatre all sucked.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agree with the list although I wouldn't say Bruce Almighty is in that same category. Not the best but not the worst. I would still rank it in the upper half of the movies he's been in.
I liked the Truman Show a lot, but Eternal Sunshine blew me away. Eternal Sunshine is probably in my top 100 movies of all time.
<!--quoteo(post=7666:date=Dec 30 2008, 01:30 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 30 2008, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I liked the Truman Show a lot, but Eternal Sunshine blew me away. Eternal Sunshine is probably in my top 100 movies of all time.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree 100%. Kaufman is a genius, especially when he's teamed up with Gondry. Carrey was perfect for the part too.
"the cable guy" is the most underrated comedy of all time. i like early carrey a lot.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=7688:date=Dec 30 2008, 03:47 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 30 2008, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->"the cable guy" is the most underrated comedy of all time. i like early carrey a lot.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i thought the cable guy blew some serious dick. is that why you liked it?
<!--quoteo(post=7688:date=Dec 30 2008, 02:47 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 30 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->"the cable guy" is the most underrated comedy of all time. i like early carrey a lot.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I forget about The Cable Guy sometimes. I'm not sure it's the most underrated comedy of all time, but it IS fantastic. And it didn't get the props it deserved. I think it was too dark for what the mainstream Carrey audience was expecting at the time it was released.

The Menendez Brothers clips interspersed throughout the movie were awesome. "He looked...ASIAN! I think he was speaking another language...I don't know...it sounded...ASIAN!"

And the scene where they eat at Medieval Times and then battle each other? Oh man...I was crying.
<!--quoteo(post=7688:date=Dec 30 2008, 02:47 PM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Dec 30 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->"the cable guy" is the most underrated comedy of all time. i like early carrey a lot.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
One of my favorites. Ben Stiller as a director is underrated, also.