Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeRosa Traded to Indians
So the Indians have 2 of our biggest leaders from last year. This sickens me a bit. At least we still have Dempster and Lee around for that.
@TheBlogfines
Seeing DeRosa in an Indians hat on espnews makes me want to fucking puke. If we're not getting Jake Peavy I'm furious about this.
@TheBlogfines
<!--quoteo(post=7959:date=Dec 31 2008, 01:20 PM:name=Clapp)-->QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 31 2008, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Seeing DeRosa in an Indians hat on espnews makes me want to fucking puke. If we're not getting Jake Peavy I'm furious about this.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
His wife might be the hottest thigh associated with the Tribe now...
Totally agreed.
I thought this past post-season was as close to the last straw as I could get with the Cubs, but now if we gave away DeRo for NOTHING and are replacing him with fucking Bush-League Miles, I may have to join whoever else is jumping off that bridge.
Just tell me when and where.
I just looked into the prospects a little more.

Jeff Stevens is a 25 year old RP that K's a lot of people. Not a major prospect, but could help out in the pen. Started last season in AA and moved up to AAA in the second half. He was a 6th round pick in the 2005 draft out of Loyola Marymount.

John Gaub will be 24 in April. He is a RP who spent the entire season in A Ball. He K'd 100 in 64 innings. He played 3 years of college ball at Minnesota.

Chris Archer turned 20 years old in September. He was a 5th round pick in 2006. He started 27 games in A ball and struggled with his control. 4.29 ERA, 1.53 WHIP, 106K, 84 BB in 115 IP.
<!--quoteo(post=7960:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:24 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 31 2008, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=7959:date=Dec 31 2008, 01:20 PM:name=Clapp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clapp @ Dec 31 2008, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Seeing DeRosa in an Indians hat on espnews makes me want to fucking puke. If we're not getting Jake Peavy I'm furious about this.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
His wife might be the hottest thigh associated with the Tribe now...
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Good call, thanks.
@TheBlogfines
Sounds like a pretty thin haul for DeRosa. Here's hoping we picked those pitchers because they were on a certain team's list...
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=7965:date=Dec 31 2008, 01:36 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Dec 31 2008, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sounds like a pretty thin haul for DeRosa. Here's hoping we picked those pitchers because they were on a certain team's list...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Maybe Stevens would be of interest to SD,but I highly doubt either of those other two chumps were on any list to be included for one the best SP's in all of baseball.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
This fuckin sucks.
If Angelo had picked McClellin, I would have been expecting to hear by training camp that kid has stage 4 cancer, is actually 5'2" 142 lbs, is a chick who played in a 7 - 0 defensive scheme who only rotated in on downs which were 3 and 34 yds + so is not expecting to play a down in the NFL until the sex change is complete and she puts on another 100 lbs. + but this is Emery's first pick so he'll get a pass with a bit of questioning. - 1060Ivy
Does this mean Mike Fontenote is the starting 2B for your 2009 Chicago Cubs?
<!--quoteo(post=7970:date=Dec 31 2008, 01:55 PM:name=DaveB)-->QUOTE (DaveB @ Dec 31 2008, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Does this mean Mike Fontenote is the starting 2B for your 2009 Chicago Cubs?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Looks like a Miles/Fontenot platoon to me.
<!--quoteo(post=7970:date=Dec 31 2008, 01:55 PM:name=DaveB)-->QUOTE (DaveB @ Dec 31 2008, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Does this mean Mike Fontenote is the starting 2B for your 2009 Chicago Cubs?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It means that with the existing roster some combination of Theriot/Fontenot/Miles will likely be the middle IF
I couldn't help but notice Koz weighing in on the deal over at NSBB:

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->The more and more I read about these prospects, the less and less I consider them viable options in a Peavy trade. I don't think this is Peavy related...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=7961:date=Dec 31 2008, 01:25 PM:name=DaveB)-->QUOTE (DaveB @ Dec 31 2008, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Totally agreed.
I thought this past post-season was as close to the last straw as I could get with the Cubs, but now if we gave away DeRo for NOTHING and are replacing him with fucking Bush-League Miles, I may have to join whoever else is jumping off that bridge.
Just tell me when and where.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Please jump.
<!--quoteo(post=7973:date=Dec 31 2008, 02:00 PM:name=Butcher)-->QUOTE (Butcher @ Dec 31 2008, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I couldn't help but notice Koz weighing in on the deal over at NSBB:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->The more and more I read about these prospects, the less and less I consider them viable options in a Peavy trade. I don't think this is Peavy related...<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Moron.