Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question (SOI1)
Who is buying and who is selling?

I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do with my team.
Who's your daddy?
I can only tell you that I'm not really doing either. I'm pretty satisfied with my team. I know that doesn't really help you, but just so you know where I stand.
Cool, thanks.... curious about everyone else..... I'm wanting to deal.... just not sure if I'm buying or selling.... I think that decision will depend on what everyone else is doing.
Who's your daddy?
Hey Scarey I have a player you might be interested in dealing for - What a Stud!

Otherwise I'd say normally I'd be selling off veterans since I'm trying to play young guys and rebuild, but my veterans are mostly pretty worthless.
Not going to lie, Brock.... not a whole from your veterans there.... you do have some interesting young players, though.
Who's your daddy?
<!--quoteo(post=8962:date=Jan 5 2009, 10:34 AM:name=coolpoppa)-->QUOTE (coolpoppa @ Jan 5 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Not going to lie, Brock.... not a whole from your veterans there.... you do have some interesting young players, though.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah my team has sucked for a few seasons so I've built up a pretty decent young base. The problem is that other than a few young studs I've got a boatload of young guys that might or might not be good enough to be worth anything and I've gotta try them all out. I wouldn't be opposed to dealing one or two of them to make it easier, if you see anyone you like.
Does anyone even know what the draft order looks like this year? Where is the 2009 pick tracker?
Of course, none of this matters if we can't get our league filled.
<!--quoteo(post=8978:date=Jan 5 2009, 12:18 PM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Jan 5 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Does anyone even know what the draft order looks like this year? Where is the 2009 pick tracker?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Draft Order:
Clark Street Captains
Swashbuckling Adamaniacs
Cocoa Beach Destroyers
Happy Scrappy Hero Pups
Springfield Isotopes
Wrigleyville Trixie Bangers
Sandberg Rhinos
Port Chester Whooping Cranes
Davenport Biittner's
Springfield Blues Kings
Northshore Nutjobs
Chi-Town Ferocious Fellas
Hill Valley Lightning
Evanston Henry Cotto's Return
Sullivan Turtlenecks
Stylin and Profilin Nature Boys
Brookfield Bungholes
Greenville Gorillas
West Lafayette Smoke Blowers
Massachusetts Minutemen
Guantanamo Bay Super Tankers
Northwest Indiana Blue Collars
Hammond Snipers
Ipi Chipi Fwangdongs

And the pick tracker thread ia still accessible back at SOI v.1

The Captains are selling(and realize they dont have much)
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
I do know that you have my 1st and 2nd rounders cap.
i REALLY have lost interest in the league, but I suppose I could be selling. Scott Ivey could be available, and he is REAL good. Richard Ford is good too.

Scott Ivy

meanwhile, I don't know how to judge players any more. Is it based totally on their salary? How do you judge prospects now? I used to have a pretty good system. Not so much now.
I wish that I believed in Fate. I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders.
I take that back....the draft pick tracker thread never got pinned so now its gone.
That really sucks because I had a bunch of picks.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
<!--quoteo(post=9102:date=Jan 5 2009, 02:53 PM:name=Captain)-->QUOTE (Captain @ Jan 5 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->I take that back....the draft pick tracker thread never got pinned so now its gone.
That really sucks because I had a bunch of picks.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Isn't this it?

http://www.sonsofivy.com/messageboard/inde...showtopic=26056

Never mind that's the wrong one. This should be right though:

http://www.sonsofivy.com/messageboard/inde...showtopic=26403
yep...you da man Brock.

My bad. Cap has my draft this year.
Who's your daddy?