Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winning Bidder Could Be Announced Within A Week
<!--quoteo(post=11539:date=Jan 14 2009, 11:14 AM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Jan 14 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11470:date=Jan 13 2009, 11:15 PM:name=Bricklayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Jan 13 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11414:date=Jan 13 2009, 08:57 PM:name=cherp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cherp @ Jan 13 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11411:date=Jan 13 2009, 08:48 PM:name=MW4)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MW4 @ Jan 13 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Cherp, X, whatever,
I'm personally glad to see you back.
Aside from all of the cloak and dagger stuff, I liked your postings.

Back in the day with you and Tom and Ace going at it, hell, most times it was better than the action on the field.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks MW. I'm still quite a douche...just a more grown up douche.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, you're a cunt. You've always been a cunt and you'll always be a cunt. And who ever thinks otherwise are a bunch of fucking stupid cunts themselves.

If I ever fucking saw you on the street I'd bash your fucking skull in, you cunt.

Fuck you

It's fun acting like you are in middle school again!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
How exactly is Brick acting like he's in middle school? He doesn't like someone, and he told them. I would actually say that's the opposite of being in middle school. That's fucking manning up and telling people what you think of them. If you like X fine, if Brick doesn't like X fine. It's whatever the fuck ever, Jesus tapdancing Christ.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
<!--quoteo(post=11705:date=Jan 14 2009, 10:47 PM:name=PcB)-->QUOTE (PcB @ Jan 14 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11539:date=Jan 14 2009, 11:14 AM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Jan 14 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11470:date=Jan 13 2009, 11:15 PM:name=Bricklayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Jan 13 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11414:date=Jan 13 2009, 08:57 PM:name=cherp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cherp @ Jan 13 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11411:date=Jan 13 2009, 08:48 PM:name=MW4)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MW4 @ Jan 13 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Cherp, X, whatever,

Back in the day with you and Tom and Ace going at it, hell, most times it was better than the action on the field.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, you're a cunt. You've always been a cunt and you'll always be a cunt. And who ever thinks otherwise are a bunch of fucking stupid cunts themselves.

If I ever fucking saw you on the street I'd bash your fucking skull in, you cunt.

Fuck you

It's fun acting like you are in middle school again!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
How exactly is Brick acting like he's in middle school? He doesn't like someone, and he told them. I would actually say that's the opposite of being in middle school. That's fucking manning up and telling people what you think of them. If you like X fine, if Brick doesn't like X fine. It's whatever the fuck ever, Jesus tapdancing Christ.

i swear to god i can't figure you out. if he would have said the same thing about kid, you would have had a coronary.
Wang.
<!--quoteo(post=11738:date=Jan 15 2009, 09:32 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jan 15 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11705:date=Jan 14 2009, 10:47 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Jan 14 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11539:date=Jan 14 2009, 11:14 AM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Jan 14 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11470:date=Jan 13 2009, 11:15 PM:name=Bricklayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Jan 13 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11414:date=Jan 13 2009, 08:57 PM:name=cherp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cherp @ Jan 13 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11411:date=Jan 13 2009, 08:48 PM:name=MW4)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MW4 @ Jan 13 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Cherp, X, whatever,

Fuck you

i swear to god i can't figure you out. if he would have said the same thing about kid, you would have had a coronary.

To be fair, we've been talking to Kid on a regular basis and is a friend to some of us while this guy isn't. I know you don't like him personally, but some of us do. PCB likes Kid but is indifferent to cherp.
<!--quoteo(post=11742:date=Jan 15 2009, 08:52 AM:name=Scarey)-->QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 15 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11738:date=Jan 15 2009, 09:32 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jan 15 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11705:date=Jan 14 2009, 10:47 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Jan 14 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11539:date=Jan 14 2009, 11:14 AM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Jan 14 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11470:date=Jan 13 2009, 11:15 PM:name=Bricklayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Jan 13 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11414:date=Jan 13 2009, 08:57 PM:name=cherp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cherp @ Jan 13 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11411:date=Jan 13 2009, 08:48 PM:name=MW4)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MW4 @ Jan 13 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Cherp, X, whatever,

Fuck you

To be fair, we've been talking to Kid on a regular basis and is a friend to some of us while this guy isn't. I know you don't like him personally, but some of us do. PCB likes Kid but is indifferent to cherp.

but thats not the point. read pcb's post. if i man up and tell kid what i think of him, shouldn't that be ok? or does that only apply to people pcb doesn't like?
Wang.
I'm not going to continue this on the board. If you want to discuss it in PMs I'll answer you as promptly as possible.
<!--quoteo(post=11746:date=Jan 15 2009, 08:58 AM:name=veryzer)-->QUOTE (veryzer @ Jan 15 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11742:date=Jan 15 2009, 08:52 AM:name=Scarey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarey @ Jan 15 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11738:date=Jan 15 2009, 09:32 AM:name=veryzer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veryzer @ Jan 15 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11705:date=Jan 14 2009, 10:47 PM:name=PcB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PcB @ Jan 14 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11539:date=Jan 14 2009, 11:14 AM:name=Runnys)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runnys @ Jan 14 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11470:date=Jan 13 2009, 11:15 PM:name=Bricklayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bricklayer @ Jan 13 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11414:date=Jan 13 2009, 08:57 PM:name=cherp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cherp @ Jan 13 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11411:date=Jan 13 2009, 08:48 PM:name=MW4)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MW4 @ Jan 13 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Cherp, X, whatever,

Fuck you

but thats not the point. read pcb's post. if i man up and tell kid what i think of him, shouldn't that be ok? or does that only apply to people pcb doesn't like?
When you told Kid what you thought of him, I didn't say shit Tom.
"I'm not sure I know what ball cheese or crotch rot is, exactly -- or if there is a difference between the two. Don't post photos, please..."

- Butcher
Screw all of this BS, where's the widget that tells us how many days, hours, and minutes until Opening Day!
Now that's important shit!

I both love and hate all of you awesome douchebags.
Fat Bastard is an immensely obese, hardly able to walk (weighing a metric ton) gardener and henchman hailing from Scotland. His extreme size endows Fat Bastard with super-human strength as exhibited by his prowess in the Sumo ring from Goldmember. This makes him a formidable enemy for Austin Powers. Fat Bastard is noted for his foul temper, his frequent flatulence, his vulgar and revolting bad manners and his unusual eating habits, which include taste for Human infants (which he calls "the other other white meat") or anything that looks like a baby, e.g. small people. Fat Bastard has been a regular at Cub games since the early 80's when he tried several times (unsuccessfully) to eat the visiting San Diego Chicken.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Cubs chairman thinks sale’s imminent

By ANDREW SELIGMAN, AP Sports Writer 7 hours, 8 minutes ago

CHICAGO (AP)—Cubs chairman Crane Kenney said again he expects the team’s sale to be completed by opening day and the list of potential buyers could be down to one by the end of the month.

He also left the door open—slightly—for Tribune Co. to hang onto it at least a little longer.

The company put the Cubs on the market on opening day 2007, when it accepted a buyout from real estate mogul Sam Zell. Since then, Tribune has slowly whittled the list of potential buyers from 10 to three in a sale that could net $1 billion for the team and historic Wrigley Field.

Kenney has said several times recently he thinks a new owner will be in place by the start of the season, and did it again Saturday during the Cubs’ fan convention.

“What I’ve been told is they’re working now, and this month sometime you’ll probably have one bidder that they’re working to get a deal with,” he said. “If they can’t get a deal with that bidder, they’ll have two others to go back to. The other thing is if the terms of any of the bids aren’t satisfactory to Sam, he won’t sell because he doesn’t have to sell it. He’s got protection through bankruptcy from any of the obligations he’s got to the lenders now, and he’ll wait for a better market.”

Tribune Co. kept the Cubs and Wrigley Field out of its Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing last month. Analysts believe that could result in a higher sale price, which would boost creditors put on hold by the move. But it’s not clear whether those creditors would agree to leave such assets out of the bankruptcy court’s domain.

Either way, a drawn-out sale process appears to be approaching the end.

Three potential buyers have been identified in media reports: Tom Ricketts, a Chicago financier, member of the founding family of TD Ameritrade Holding Corp., and chief executive of InCapital LLC; Hersch Klaff, who owns a Chicago commercial real estate firm; and a partnership between two New Yorkers involved in private equity, Marc Utay of Clarion Capital and Leo Hindery Jr. of InterMedia Partners.

Once Tribune accepts a bid, the potential buyer would have to be approved by Major League Baseball’s ownership committee before all the owners vote on the sale.

The uncertainty surrounding ownership the past two years hasn’t stopped the Cubs from enjoying one of their most successful stretches, but the championship drought continues—100 years and counting.

After seeing their team get swept out of the playoffs the past two years, fans want more.

So does general manager Jim Hendry.

“We’re here for one reason—to win the world championship,” he told fans.

What he can’t figure out is why the team hasn’t been able to win a postseason game the past two years against Arizona and the Los Angeles Dodgers, let alone advance a round.

Manager Lou Piniella has a theory.

“I think they tried to overdo it,” he said.

He saw players pressing, trying to pull the ball when they should have gone the other way. He also saw a lineup that didn’t have enough left-handed bats.

That’s one reason the Cubs traded away the versatile and popular Mark DeRosa after they led the National League with 97 wins. They added switch-hitters Milton Bradley and Aaron Miles, hoping to balance the lineup.

They also let oft-injured closer Kerry Wood go as a free agent because they were unwilling to give him the three-year deal he sought, meaning Carlos Marmol will now finish games.

So the Cubs will have a different look on the field to go with the new owner.

Notes

Kenney inadvertently took some shots at infamous fan Steve Bartman and former manager Dusty Baker in a separate question-and-answer sessions with fans. The jab at Bartman came when a fan asked if there will be any improvements at Wrigley Field this season. Kenney mentioned a new beer garden. He also mentioned the angst that surrounds projects at the old ballpark, such as the bleacher renovation a few years ago. “We had women in lawn chairs trying to block the construction crews,” he said. “We called them the weeping women. They were out there every day. We’d sit there and say, ‘If we don’t do this right’ and people say, ‘You’ve destroyed the bleacher culture,’ my family’s going to have to move to Bartman-ville. Right?” The crowd groaned at that remark. The swipe at Baker came while defending Piniella in a later session. “If you think about the team that won in ’07, does that team win with our former manager? Not a chance,” Kenney said, referring to a team that made the playoffs after a brutal start.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[Image: lou.jpg]
I'm so sick of this.
Butch, you're not going to like this:

From Wittenmyer today

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->License to bill
A near-certain, unsurprising byproduct of the Cubs' impending sale is the same kind of seat licenses for season tickets that the Bears imposed after the Soldier Field reconstruction.

The positive, the Cubs say, is fans' ability to transfer rights to their season tickets to non-family members. Among the negatives: A slow-moving waiting list for season tickets rarely, if ever, budges; and season-ticket holders get the great privilege of paying thousands of dollars for the right to pay thousands of dollars for tickets. What a country.

''A future owner will look at all the possibilities,'' vice president for business operations Mark McGuire said. ''That would be one of the things that would be a possibility.''

Read: Count on it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This was from the same article. I thought it was kind of funny.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Strategic failure
Exchange of the day, during Sunday's Q&A with Cubs business executives:

Fan: ''What's your business strategy in getting Aramis Ramirez to come to the Cubs Convention?''

McGuire: ''Our business strategy is to plead with him every year to come and then to find out he has no interest in coming.''<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--quoteo(post=12417:date=Jan 19 2009, 01:05 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jan 19 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Butch, you're not going to like this:

From Wittenmyer today

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->License to bill
A near-certain, unsurprising byproduct of the Cubs' impending sale is the same kind of seat licenses for season tickets that the Bears imposed after the Soldier Field reconstruction.

The positive, the Cubs say, is fans' ability to transfer rights to their season tickets to non-family members. Among the negatives: A slow-moving waiting list for season tickets rarely, if ever, budges; and season-ticket holders get the great privilege of paying thousands of dollars for the right to pay thousands of dollars for tickets. What a country.

''A future owner will look at all the possibilities,'' vice president for business operations Mark McGuire said. ''That would be one of the things that would be a possibility.''

Read: Count on it.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This was from the same article. I thought it was kind of funny.

<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->Strategic failure
Exchange of the day, during Sunday's Q&A with Cubs business executives:

Fan: ''What's your business strategy in getting Aramis Ramirez to come to the Cubs Convention?''

McGuire: ''Our business strategy is to plead with him every year to come and then to find out he has no interest in coming.''<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That would *really* suck. It would also ensure that only wealthy people and ticket brokers had season tickets.
That's one of the most despicable ideas ever. I'm all for generating new types of revenue, but this creates instant price inflation and squeezes out a lot of families from ever going to games. It was getting bad enough already. Shit, I already don't go to the ballpark as much as I used to. If this keeps up, I may go just once a season.
<!--quoteo-->QUOTE <!--quotec-->That would *really* suck. It would also ensure that only wealthy people and ticket brokers had season tickets.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree. This could actually decrease the cost of tickets on the secondary market if more fall into the hands of ticket scalpers.

<!--quoteo(post=12422:date=Jan 19 2009, 02:41 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 19 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That's one of the most despicable ideas ever. I'm all for generating new types of revenue, but this creates instant price inflation and squeezes out a lot of families from ever going to games. It was getting bad enough already. Shit, I already don't go to the ballpark as much as I used to. If this keeps up, I may go just once a season.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I disagree Rok. Inflation is caused by supply and demand. The curve already indicates that season tickets are vastly underpriced. The only people this will effect are season ticket holders. It shouldn't effect the price of tickets in the secondary market. I would argue that <i>most</i> families can't afford season tickets already. Most families will go to a handful of games (maybe just 1 or 2) during the season by purchasing single game tickets when they go on sale, or by purchasing them from the secondary market.

If anything, price on the secondary market will be driven downward because the ticket scalper supply will increase. I believe prices will remain the same though.
When the Bears went to PSLs, the people who got hurt the most were the long time season ticket holders who could barely afford their tickets as it was. Those people suddenly got hit with PSL fees of up to $10,000 per ticket, or faced the threat of being moved to another section. I'm not a fan of this - but I'd rather see them sell PSLs than raise ticket prices by 30% and put more advertising inside of the field of play.

My biggest fear is NASCAR/bicycle racing-like advertising...When the jerseys are rented like billboards, that will be a really sad day.
<!--quoteo(post=12424:date=Jan 19 2009, 02:56 PM:name=Coldneck)-->QUOTE (Coldneck @ Jan 19 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE <!--quotec-->That would *really* suck. It would also ensure that only wealthy people and ticket brokers had season tickets.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I agree. This could actually decrease the cost of tickets on the secondary market if more fall into the hands of ticket scalpers.

<!--quoteo(post=12422:date=Jan 19 2009, 02:41 PM:name=rok)-->QUOTE (rok @ Jan 19 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->That's one of the most despicable ideas ever. I'm all for generating new types of revenue, but this creates instant price inflation and squeezes out a lot of families from ever going to games. It was getting bad enough already. Shit, I already don't go to the ballpark as much as I used to. If this keeps up, I may go just once a season.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I disagree Rok. Inflation is caused by supply and demand. The curve already indicates that season tickets are vastly underpriced. The only people this will effect are season ticket holders. It shouldn't effect the price of tickets in the secondary market. I would argue that <i>most</i> families can't afford season tickets already. Most families will go to a handful of games (maybe just 1 or 2) during the season by purchasing single game tickets when they go on sale, or by purchasing them from the secondary market.

If anything, price on the secondary market will be driven downward because the ticket scalper supply will increase. I believe prices will remain the same though.

Yeah, the scalper supply may increase, but they will be getting those tickets at a higher cost. A cost they'll pass on to the end user.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.