Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaving CSFBL...
After weeks of thinking about something I never thought I'd do... I just can't fight it anymore.

I have to officially quit CSFBL. With Bleacher Nation, the Brickyard, and SOI... oh yeah, and my actual job (and wife), I just don't have time to do it anymore. I haven't really even looked at my team in weeks.

I still enjoy the game, and I'll miss the Fwangdongs like hell. I'm not ruling out that someday I might play again, but for now, I just can't do it anymore.

So if someone wants to grab the Fwangs (they're stacked), they're free.

Sorry guys.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=11889:date=Jan 15 2009, 09:11 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 15 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->After weeks of thinking about something I never thought I'd do... I just can't fight it anymore.

I have to officially quit CSFBL. With Bleacher Nation, the Brickyard, and SOI... oh yeah, and my actual job (and wife), I just don't have time to do it anymore. I haven't really even looked at my team in weeks.

I still enjoy the game, and I'll miss the Fwangdongs like hell. I'm not ruling out that someday I might play again, but for now, I just can't do it anymore.

Sorry guys.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You have talked me out of quitting on probably 3 occasions Ace....is there anything to keep you in the league?
<!--quoteo(post=11929:date=Jan 16 2009, 01:44 AM:name=Runnys)-->QUOTE (Runnys @ Jan 16 2009, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=11889:date=Jan 15 2009, 09:11 PM:name=Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 15 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->After weeks of thinking about something I never thought I'd do... I just can't fight it anymore.

Sorry guys.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You have talked me out of quitting on probably 3 occasions Ace....is there anything to keep you in the league?

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's nothing at all about the league or the game - I still like both. I just physically don't have the time. I hope some day I will again, but I just don't right now. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Well now this sucks.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
<!--quoteo(post=11950:date=Jan 16 2009, 08:29 AM:name=Captain)-->QUOTE (Captain @ Jan 16 2009, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Well now this sucks.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree! The one thing that kept me in the game is I told myself that if some of the originals could stick it out then I could too. But now that Ace is leaving I think the only originals left are Butcher, Biff, Rapp, BT, Baron, Poppa, HTC, and myself.

C'mon Ace...how much do you even really need to look at your team? It is stacked!!
The team can stay in my name as long as need be, but I won't / can't do anything with it.

I just physically don't have the time right now. It is nothing against the game or league. Like I said, if my commitments change, I'll likely try to come back.
Can we be honest here? I realize you have a lot to do Ace, but I have a feeling that if you really wanted to play, you would stick around. The sad truth is this league is a shell of what it used to be and even those most committed to keeping it alive are getting out.

I'm not trying to call you out and I empathize with why you aren't interested anymore Ace. But, we all know that mostly everyone in this league hasn't put more than 20 minutes aside per week to work on their CSFBL team.

I think we need to face facts. The league is all but dead. When people like Gad, Ace, and Fella start dropping out, it's pretty obvious that there is a serious lack of interest.

I say, whoever wants to keep their team just keep it. Whoever wants to drop it, let them drop it and make the league public. We'll just have to do any kind of trades and what not on the CSFBL forums.
I don't think I'd have much interest in sticking around if we made it public. Either we try to get it filled up with people from here, or just let it die.
Sorry you feel that way, Scarey, but you're wrong. If I didn't have a 50 to 60 hour per week job, if I didn't want to do BN, the Brickyard and SOI (more than ten hours per week between them), and if I didn't care if my wife hated me, there's no way I would quit.

The league could become the most exciting thing ever and I'd still feel I had to leave. Twenty minutes per week may not sound like a lot, but when it comes up behind the other priorities, sometimes you've got to cut something (and when I was really into CSFBL, I spent more like a few hours per week on it - and that's part of what made it so much fun).

It isn't my intention to hurt the league, I just wanted to be honest. It's the time and energy. I just don't have it. Hell, I haven't sat down and played a video game in half a year.
<!--quoteo(post=11988:date=Jan 16 2009, 01:45 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Jan 16 2009, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Sorry you feel that way, Scarey, but you're wrong. If I didn't have a 50 to 60 hour per week job, if I didn't want to do BN, the Brickyard and SOI (more than ten hours per week between them), and if I didn't care if my wife hated me, there's no way I would quit.

The league could become the most exciting thing ever and I'd still feel I had to leave. Twenty minutes per week may not sound like a lot, but when it comes up behind the other priorities, sometimes you've got to cut something (and when I was really into CSFBL, I spent more like a few hours per week on it - and that's part of what made it so much fun).

It isn't my intention to hurt the league, I just wanted to be honest. It's the time and energy. I just don't have it. Hell, I haven't sat down and played a video game in half a year.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't feel that way. I made an assumption.

I assumed rather than having the biggest CSFBL guy in terms of interest say he's not interested anymore (and basically driving a nail in it's coffin), you just said you didn't have enough time. Nothing malicious about it.

All I was trying to say is if you felt that giving up the league because you lost interest was wrong in any way, that you shouldn't feel that way. If you lose interest nobody's gonna hold you accountable for leaving.

Now, if you're telling me straight up that you litereally can't squeeze in 5-10 minutes on a Sunday evening to check your team, then I believe you. I just find it interesting that you're the type of person that is bogged down with all this stuff and then you take on a major project like Bleacher Nation to bog you down more. I can't even imagine how much time you commit to each of those sites on a weekly basis. I'm not saying CSFBL should take priority over any of those things in your life, but it's hard for my mind to pick up the concept that 20 minutes out of a 10,080 minute week cannot be put towards something you love so much.

Let me reiterate: As hard as it is for me to imagine, if you're telling me that those 20 minutes are not flexible in any way shape or form, I will of course believe you Ace.
You're right in the regard that right now I could slice 20 minutes (again, it's probably more than that) out of my BN time for CSFBL. You're right. So I guess I have lost interest in CSFBL, at least in the sense that there is something else I would prefer to do with my free time other than my wife.

But I'm just saying - I LOVE video games. Fucking love them. And I haven't played them in months because I don't have the time.

You're right that I don't want my leaving to hurt the league, though.
maybe we let it die and start over? it may be a bit more exciting or something. maybe get some of the new guys in, do a new team draft, what have you. i kind of still want to play csfbl but i'm pretty sure i don't want to deal with those forums or a bunch of those people. if we can get enough owners in to fill a brand new league, draft the teams, etc. it might be cool. i used to be way in to the game but now i've dropped every team but this one out of respect for it and the league and to be honest, just started looking at the team again for the first time in months but i'd still hate to let it go. if that's what it takes so we can have a SOI league again though, i'd totally do it.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
That isn't a half bad idea Liner. I don't know that we'd get enough people to do it though.
we have nothing but time. if we get a preliminary count and then add people as we go, especially with the newbies coming in, wait until we have enough and then do it up.
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I could be willing to join if you guys start fresh.
I hate my pretentious sounding username too.