Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Fwangdong 1st rounders being dropped?
I know no one really gives much of a shit about the SOI league anymore, and I don't really care all that much anymore either, but why did someone take over Ace's old team to drop 2 former 1st round picks/good prospects?

Melvin Maxwell

and

Don Secrest
i remember noticing a few things looking weird like that a little while ago. does he have a full LM?
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
I noticed a few other unowned teams dropped some players too. I didnt do it this time. Around the time of the draft last season I took over a few of the unowned ones and dropped some scrubs and set the draft order.I put in a bid on Seacrest,but I'll drop it. Should I go into the Fwangdogs and put bids on these guys to get them back? Maybe his LM was overloaded and the computer dumped some? I dont know.
Let me know how I should fix it.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
Edited for now. Things look off to me but I really couldn't care less as I'm not in the league. You guys can figure it out.
THe Clark Street Captains are Caps team though...why would he be doing shady deals?
Clark Street Captains (dnbtohunt)

Is this Cap? If so perhaps I was wrong, I thought it was an outside guy because when I have seen Cap posting on the CSFBL forums it was always as "Captain".
I tried to put those guys back on the Fwangdongs. No dice since they are way over the cap.

One of them got picked up already.
Not too sure what Gad was eluding to. I made alot of trades for the draft picks I was owed. Of course they look shady when you trade a scrub for your picks. Look back through the draft thread and counter reference each move made. It should match up.

I think it may be time to make this league public. We have 7 unowned teams. SOI2 did pretty well by doing that. Just a suggestion. Please voice your opinions.

I can always make it Public for awhile until we close to full and then switch it back.
Looking for suggestions.
A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
It doesn't matter to me.
I still would like to know how these guys were dropped from the Fwangs to begin with.
Captain, can you explain how this trade with an unowned team came to be?

6/21/2010 Harry Ritchie (P) Traded from Clark Street Captains to Chi-Town Ferocious Fellas
6/21/2010 Patrick Peraza (SS) Traded from Clark Street Captains to Chi-Town Ferocious Fellas
6/21/2010 Edison Brown (2B) Traded from Clark Street Captains to Chi-Town Ferocious Fellas
6/21/2010 Ira Malloy Traded from Chi-Town Ferocious Fellas to Clark Street Captains
6/21/2010 Eugene Dendy (3B) Traded from Chi-Town Ferocious Fellas to Clark Street Captains
6/21/2010 Christopher Laws (P) Traded from Chi-Town Ferocious Fellas to Clark Street Captains

And since you are currently the only active commish, I'm still having a hard time figuring out how good young players were dropped from unowned teams without you having something to do with it.

I guess I'll be the asshole to bring this all up, but there are others with similar concerns as mine, and we would like some answers here.
To my knowledge the system will never drop a player from low minors. I've seen teams that had numerous guys 30+ in lows.

Someone has to be dropping these guys.

I mentioned it the other day but there seems to be something up with the league. And maybe no one cares anymore but I think its sad given all the history.
i admit, i've PMed guys about it early on and probably should have said something here but no one ever seemed to care enough to do anything about it. i admit i never traced the things back enough to figure out how they could have happened but good looking young guys have been dropped from unowned teams for a little while now
Life is a bitch, but she's totally doable.
The Fwangs won back to back WS titles, one of which was after I stopped managing? I'm the greatest CSFBLer ever.
Cubs News and Rumors at Bleacher Nation.
<!--quoteo(post=22430:date=Mar 8 2009, 11:24 AM:name=Brock)-->QUOTE (Brock @ Mar 8 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->Captain, can you explain how this trade with an unowned team came to be?

6/21/2010 Harry Ritchie (P) Traded from Clark Street Captains to Chi-Town Ferocious Fellas
6/21/2010 Patrick Peraza (SS) Traded from Clark Street Captains to Chi-Town Ferocious Fellas
6/21/2010 Edison Brown (2B) Traded from Clark Street Captains to Chi-Town Ferocious Fellas
6/21/2010 Ira Malloy Traded from Chi-Town Ferocious Fellas to Clark Street Captains
6/21/2010 Eugene Dendy (3B) Traded from Chi-Town Ferocious Fellas to Clark Street Captains
6/21/2010 Christopher Laws (P) Traded from Chi-Town Ferocious Fellas to Clark Street Captains

And since you are currently the only active commish, I'm still having a hard time figuring out how good young players were dropped from unowned teams without you having something to do with it.

I guess I'll be the asshole to bring this all up, but there are others with similar concerns as mine, and we would like some answers here.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
All I can say is I didn't do it.
[Image: lou.jpg]
<!--quoteo(post=22445:date=Mar 8 2009, 02:34 PM:name=Ace)-->QUOTE (Ace @ Mar 8 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}><!--quotec-->The Fwangs won back to back WS titles, both of which were won after I stopped paying attention 7 seasons ago! I'm the luckiest CSFBLer ever.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->